Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 4:07 PM Last edited by murfee : 7th Aug 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Default Accessories Joint Assignnment not acting right in-game? [RESOLVED]
This has happened to me once before and I don't know why. I made a hat accessory cloned from the glasses, to make use of the glass see-through texture, and gave it the b_hat_grip joint. So why in the world is it that the glasses part of the mesh is on THE GROUND?

I mean, it actually moves with the sim, but it's on the floor. It's assigned to the hat slider joint and yet it's not on the head with the rest of the mesh. It's possessed.

I redid the mesh cloning a necklace instead and unfortunately I can't get the see-through effect back, but at least the frikkin thing ended up back on the head.

Why can't I have both at the same time though? I just want a see-through veil on the head, darnit!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 1:34 PM
Have you tried assigning it to the b__headnew__ joint?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Sockpuppet
#3 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 3:07 AM
The glass joint has a specific hash linked to the material settings imo.
The moment you export/import the mesh that data gets lost.
Try reimporting it back with Delphy's GEOM editor.

Or change the shader of that specific group to simhairsimple, think that should work also.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 2:43 PM
@Cmar - I really would, and say eff it all, only I need it Hat Slider compatible so people can resize the accessory however they want, rather than having it stagnant. Cuz it doesn't go with most hairs at all; it's such a weird shape.
@Bloom - ahhh ~~~~ I see; no wonder! Cuz every time I try to make an accessory using Glass I get the same problem. I think I get it; so export the glass group mesh with the Geom thingy in Milkshape, open it with the Geom Editor, set the shader to simhairsimple, save the Geom, and then reimport it either into S3PE if I want it as a package file, or back into TSRW as a .wso if I want it as a sims3pack. Gotcha. I'll try that and pray for the best!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 10:29 PM
IT'S FIXED!
Oh happy day!

Thank you thank you -- yup, I had to use the simhair shader thingy in the Geom Editor, and I replaced the geoms in S3PE, and I now have a sexy veil accessory using the glasses mesh! I still have to add the backfaces and fix the multiplier, but HURRAH!

THANKS A BILLION, Y'ALL! :lovestruc
Screenshots