Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 2:15 PM
Default Shoes - problem with gap and texture
Hi, I'm trying to make a pair of boots. But I have this problem:

Here is what I did: morphed a "textured" base game boots with a "meshed" (super villain) base game boots. So, I have a 3D part wich is okay, and a problem with the texture where the legs and boots have the same vertices position. I also have a gap that appears only in-game, in Workshop the mesh is okay.

First, I thought the problem was my pants, then I did crop the alpha to make shorter pants. But then I got the skin texture. So, no problem with the pants.
Then I decided to enlarge my mesh, to make it bigger than the legs, I thought this way the legs would be "inside" of my boots. But didn't work either.
So I noted that a part of my mesh was out of the Part Mask area. This out part is inferior right corner. I wanted to edit it, paint in white, but I read that we should not change that.
My last try was edit my mesh coordinates. I moved this part to the legs area, where the "textured old boots" also had texture/alpha.

Nothing worked. And there is no more free space in Part Mask (of shoes).

I'm really sorry for my terrible english in this post but I tried to explain everything. I tried all that I could think, if anyone knows how to fix that gap and the texture... Or maybe confirm if we can't really edit the part mask. I uploaded my .wrk file (ignore medium and low meshes). I'm making this set for someone and really wanted to give the boots too, so thank you for ANY help or ideas.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Miss Fortune Boots.zip (301.4 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 24th Jun 2014 at 4:20 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 27th Jun 2014 at 12:57 AM.
There is this meshpart right above the ankles that has it faces reversed, reverse em back and all should be fine.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 2:42 PM
Bloomsbase, thank you so much for your answer and for your time fixing that part for me
I notice that in lower lods it was black but I didn't know it was because of that :P

I understand now, what is happening is that the same part that was reversed, goes up to the 'top inside part' of the boots. So depending on where the faces are, the other part gets transparent. But I made more faces for the inside part of the boots. And now everything is working. Actually my texture in one part is not good, there is a sharp line in CAS but there is no more free space to make it bigger without invading other parts, and in-game doesn't look so bad, so... I think is finished.

Thank you so much for your help! I'm very happy that the problem is solved :lovestruc

lavoieri.tumblr.com :)