Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 8:55 PM
Looking for opinions
So, I've been making recolors of this one magazine mesh. Thing is, it came with a blue-ish border on the left side when you saw it in the game. After some testing, I figured out where the border ends, so theoretically I could fill the area with just the recolor. But it looks like their reason for making it like that in the first place is that it doesn't seem to be typical magazine proportions. As you can see in the pic, when I make the recolor that size it lops off some of the top and some of the bottom.
So, I'd like some input: would you think it would look better without the border and part of the cover cut off, or with the border and the cover left more or less intact? I imagine this would affect most of the images I planned on using.
Thanks in advance!
Screenshots

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 10:18 PM
Moving to Creator Feedback where it will more likely get more views.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:04 AM
Thanks! I didn't even see the Creator Feedback forum! :-)

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:18 AM
I would stay with the border, but I think it looks fine either way.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 1:37 AM
Have you tried resizing your texture to make it fit top to bottom? Without knowing where the border is on the original texture it's hard to tell, but it seems that resizing your texture should work.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 12:54 AM
I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by top to bottom. I promise, I'm not trying to be dumb! Here's a copy of the texture... from the yellow line on left, nothing will show up on the magazine in the game.
I tried distorting it a little so it would fit completely, but in this case you can't tell much, IMO. Thoughts? To the right on the first picture is the original magazine cover.
Screenshots

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 1:16 AM
is what I meant and your second attempt looks a lot better. The writing isn't cut off anymore that I can see.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 11:29 PM
I really like this and I agree with mustluvcatz. I would download this for sure :-)
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 12:06 AM
I thirdly agree with what the others have said, the stretching is hardly noticeable (in fact I've seen more stretching on imported TV shows from the US)

Its absolutely essential that you don't have cropped text (like half of a word cut off, like the summer edition was on your first one), otherwise it leaks unprofessionalism, as did that green bar on the side of the man. You either don't have it or incorporate it into the design.

Assuming this is a replacement cover for the in game celebrity magazine, if I could find matching real life magazine covers to replace the other ones, I would 100% download this!

Just Call me Square!