Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 1:44 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 25th Feb 2013 at 2:08 AM.
Default Why is there sunlight in my windowless basement? (pic)
I'm making an apartment building with an indoor swimming pool in a windowless basement.

The entire Lot elevation has been lowered by 8 clicks. You can see the stairs coming down from street level in the top part of the picture.
The first floor has been added, as well as several floors above, so everything above the basement is covered with floor tiles.

Why is the pool bathed in sunlight? Does it have anything to do with the lowered Lot elevation?

Just in case anyone doubts there is a floor over the basement:

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 3:31 AM
I imagine that EA didn't really code for indoor pools, but just for daytime and nighttime outdoor pools. I've noticed that the shadows in my pools don't follow the normal game logic either.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 4:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I imagine that EA didn't really code for indoor pools, but just for daytime and nighttime outdoor pools. I've noticed that the shadows in my pools don't follow the normal game logic either.

You're right, I just checked another house with an indoor pool and it's bright and sunny. Strange how I never noticed this before.
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies