Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 2:37 PM
Default Unlevel lot issue
Hi!

Awhile ago I started to remodel 130 Sim Lane in Pleasantview, I just realized that the lot edges aren't flat. I know MTS doesn't allow house uploads if the lot aren't completely flat from the start, and I really want to upload this house once it's finished.

Is there anything I can do about this or do I need to start from scratch with a new flat lot?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 2:52 PM
You can upload lots that aren't flat, if it's for a reason such as special landscaping or a remodel, but you need to mention that in your description.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can upload lots that aren't flat, if it's for a reason such as special landscaping or a remodel, but you need to mention that in your description.

Thanks Jo! I wasn't sure a remodel would be a sufficient reason. I'm glad I don't have to start from scratch since It's almost finished.
Site Helper
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:09 PM
The LotAdjuster has an advanced option to flatten the lot edges.

I don't believe that "remodel" is an acceptable reason, although only a moderator could tell you for sure. Unless the edges actually need to be sloped for the lot to work, you should flatten them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The LotAdjuster has an advanced option to flatten the lot edges.

I don't believe that "remodel" is an acceptable reason, although only a moderator could tell you for sure. Unless the edges actually need to be sloped for the lot to work, you should flatten them.

Thanks Mootilda! I'll check out the LotAdjuster and see what I can do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 7:11 PM
So, I've been doing som testing and I'm starting to think that the lot edges are flat with this lot, perhaps I'm just confused.
I've included a picture so if someone could take a look and help me understand I'd be very greatful.

Site Helper
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:37 PM
Those edges certainly look flat. If you want to flatten the rest of the lot, it should be easy to do that in-game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Those edges certainly look flat. If you want to flatten the rest of the lot, it should be easy to do that in-game.

Awseome, thanks! I guess I wasn't sure If the edges were flat or not. I always make sure my lot is flat before I start building but since this was a premade house I felt a little uncertain and I wanted to make sure everything was correct before uploading.