Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#126 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 2:08 AM
I hate the adult male sim coughing with 'flu/cold, not neccessarily because it's distracting from playing but because those specific vocals sound in so much agony while coughing that it's hard to listen to. Maybe it's just 'manflu' - that male sims have to play it up that much more just for extra sympathy.

It also gets on my wick when other visitors to a restaurant lot steal my sim's meal from their table! I mean, what? Who would do that?

Oh, and I think the tiredness reaction takes slightly too long, which makes it annoying.

Oh, yeah, and the falling asleep at the table thing. It's funny, I admit, but it's hard trying to get a starving sim to eat when they're also tired because they just keep passing out immediately after you wake them up.
Advertisement
#127 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 4:02 AM
The Nannies bug me! Oh my goodness! Stupid Nannies. They put my kids down, and then they go play on the computer! What the heck! & I hate HATE HATE when toddlers play with the dog food and eat it, and I hate it when they play with the toilet. I also hate when people go and watch the snow like 50 freakin' time a day!

I've got pictures of the nanny things btw.

#128 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 4:25 AM
I agree about the nannies. Useless broads!

And, the toddlers in the toilet, ugh.
#129 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenniferrsg
I agree about the nannies. Useless broads!

And, the toddlers in the toilet, ugh.

They should atleast fix the nannies, Make them look better...Make them actually do their Job for what I was paying them for. And the Toddlers, Well of course they're cute, But jeez!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 7th Oct 2008 at 8:13 PM
I hate the drop the baby on the floor thing. Everytime that happens I always think, "How come Maxis and his team couldn't give more things for the infants??" but that and when the Sims' get their mail out of the mailbox. I always cancel out the action and soon as they get it out the mailbox, before they put it on the table, I just have them pay it.
#131 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 2:15 AM
The autonomous birdwatching. It can be excessive and really annoying.
And I totally agree about the nannies...so useless!
#132 Old 8th Oct 2008 at 11:28 AM
How about....when some moves out of the lot e.g. teens moving to college, everyone's actions get cancelled to run at the leaving sim and wave BYEE!
Instructor
#133 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 9:49 AM
Ugh!!! Autonomous Talking Through with the Teddy/Bunny Bear so Extremely annoying. Why a teen/adult male would want to talk to their friends using a friggin bear is so beyond me! And not to mention they always place it so it's inaccessible in a random place!@#$
#134 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 11:37 AM
I also hate when sims wake in the middle of the night to go to look at the snow -_- I'd prefer them to stay in bed until 6am. And, I also hate when children stop doing whatever they're doing to run and attack the parents with a hug when they return from work. It's very sweet, but completely annoying.
Instructor
#135 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 1:23 PM
I have a functional electric chair that I got has custom content.
Sims automatically "execute" themselves

edit:
also feeding the baby, sometiems theres about 10 bottles on the floor, at least the baby wont be hungry =|
Test Subject
#136 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 1:29 PM
1.) NPC's going on your friend's list because you asked them for something e.g. when you greet the gypsy to get the love potion or vampire potion or to get a blind date. I greeted you because I had to, not to be friends with you. I hated that in Sims 1 aswell, when you went on a date and everyone you saw suddenly became your friend! I wish that there was a hack where you click 'add to friend list', I don't want to be friends with the freaking nanny because I have to be at work when she's there!

2.)Talking through the teddy bear to your wife/husband. I GOT IT FOR THE FREAKING TODDLER, NOT FOR YOU TO BE A SPAZ.

3.) When townies don't have a phone... I made friends with you, we talked, would you like to come over? "You cannot call this person because apparantly we didn't bother to give him/her a cellphone.", which is why whenever I meet someone new and I know my Sim is going to be friends with them, I automatically go to the phone to check that I can ring them, or I just give them a cellphone with boolprop.

4.) The 'what's this? Whatever it is, I'm going to moan about it when I see it, but never awknowledge its presence AGAIN!' and 'RAIN! ZOMG I NEVER SAW THAT BEFORE' and all the autonomous play actions everyone else said. If I knew how to hack and mod, I'd change all those autonomous stuffz.

PS: Where can you download the rain hacks and no make bed hacks etc.? Like, links? I don't want to have to start searching through MTS2 and MATY...
Instructor
#137 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 1:44 PM
Malison, It's a people you know list not a friend list
#138 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 3:54 AM
i find it highly annoying when the sim dudes try to stomp on the roaches and then failing to do so and go off to a corner and cry like a baby god i hate that seriously i wish they would quit acting like a twat and be a man and call the damn exterminator sheesh lol.
Mad Poster
#139 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 4:01 AM
The talking through teddies thing really bugs me. And the looking at the rain. Ok, snow I can understand, especially if you've never seen it before. And hail, fine, hail's kind of cool, and unusual. But rain? Who specifically goes to look out of the window at the rain when they're starving hungry and desperate to pee??? Sims, that's who.....
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#140 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Who specifically goes to look out of the window at the rain when they're starving hungry and desperate to pee??? Sims, that's who.....

Well, you know- they didn't have weather for so long, maybe it's still a novelty?
Field Researcher
#141 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM
the whole tip nonsense. "TIPS? DID I GET SOME? NOOO. OMG *SHAKE SHAKE* COINS? ARE YOU IN THURR? NO?! *CRYCRYCRY* LET ME PUT THIS DOWN AS SLOWLY AS POSSIBLY AND CONTINUE TO SULK*" D:<

also, anything that has to do with electronics. i invite a nice boy over on a date with my lovely girl sim. they ignore each other the entire time to watch advertisements on the tv. i have her make a move on him, but he doesn't want any part of it. she is interrupting the cooking channel for gods sake. ( preparation for married life? )

autonomous answering the phone. it's not bad enough that it's always ringing off the hook, but my sims just NEED to drop whatever they're doing (or hey, the baby they're feeding) to console aunt mary (YES, WE'RE STILL FRIENDS. YOU'LL STILL GET YOUR INHERITANCE, LADY).

the only electronic i allow in my houses are computers. i get rid of them when my sims sporadically get addicted to them though.
Scholar
#142 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simerica
What autonomous action or actions drive you crazy and you find that you are always canceling them, and why? I have a lot that I hate, but my game is very temperamental so for the most part I do not use hacks to stop them

I hate the instrument playing, it always gets in the way of what I am trying to have them do.

I hate the cheering, luckily JM Pescado has fixed that.

I hate the cook a meal becase they always do it for just themselves and not the rest of that house. And I hate when I don't cancel it in time and they've already made it to the fridge so I have to clean the cooking supplies up.

I hate the come see baby. Usually I have them doing other things and I hate that that stops what they are doing every time.

What about you?

I hate autonomous flirting actions and fighting. I also hate the "fire panic" where they just stand there jumping up and down.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 7:06 AM
The most annoying autonomous action ever has to be OMG LETS FEED THE BABY ABOUT 13453 TIMES!
Test Subject
#144 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:14 AM
I hate it when the sims are playing a guitar or something and the look for money that isn't there.

When Townie sims come into the house and play crap on the piano.

"Chicken Strips!"
Site Helper
#145 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 5:04 AM
If you have twins, one gets double attention, and the other gets ignored. Pulling one twin off the potty because the other twin is hungry is stupid.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#146 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 6:21 AM
I'm starting to hate the idle rubic cube animation. At first I didn't mind it. But the family I'm playing now, I swear that's all the woman does. It's beyond compulsive how much she does it.
Site Helper
#147 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 11:29 PM
Yes!! I had a woman who fiddled with the silly thing non-stop on a date! And unlike handheld games and mp3 players, it is impossible to take the thing away!

"Honey, would you join me for some woohoo?" "Sure, but wait just a minute while I get this puzzle solved!" "Never mind. I'm going to go have a pillow fight with your sister instead."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#148 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 3:18 AM
All I have to say is thank god for MATY, because this thread is reminding me how horrible all these things are.
Forum Resident
#149 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 4:16 AM
Well hang on I got a few up my sleeves too.

How about when a baby is born and EVERYONE rushes to the baby to feed it, I am like step away from it! I have to make everyone do something, it's even more annoying after the mother puts it in the crib or on the floor and I tell her to feed it but someone else comes over and picks it up.

Oh and the bulter, never ever have him around for a baby, I once placed a baby in a room on the floor but the bulter kept picking it up and taking it to the crib so I keep getting the mother to take the baby where I wanted it! But of course the bulter keeps doing it even when I lock the room door and the nursery as well.

Sims complaning about something being in thier way despite they can just walk around it instead.

Kids coming home with a low motive >.> I find it stupid for them. It's school- Homework-Dinner and a bit of the bubble blower before heading to bed and restarting the entire thing over the next day, and they don't even get to hang out with thier friends because they leave at 6! And usually around 6-7 they start getting really tired so I have them in the bubble blower and then homework, of course then a parent comes home and they jump up to hug them.

And on the 6 curfew note, what I hate the most is how when a kid stays longer until like 8 and then a COMPLETE stranger walks into the house, takes the kids and walks off! I make them seletable, do they have a relationship with the child? No! Are they related? Not a chance, Pedophile much! Then I lower the adult motives or bring them back to teach them a lesson for taking children they don't know out. Seriously it'as even worse when the adult sim looks creepy as it is and walks in to take them away.

How about kids not allowed with a C without getting threatened by stupid social services, I am tired of the straight A+ sims, just because Lily is doing perfectly doesn't mean I want her total opposite twin sister Lilith to do the same! She should get C and D without ever been threatened by Social Services. In Sims 1 I would just put flowerbeds around the kids when the Social Services come and they would never leave, although they changed that in 2.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:48 PM
The cleaning the windows thingy... I mean, who cleans his windows hundred times a day when you have a maid?
Page 6 of 18