Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
#176 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 6:20 AM
So I'm having the tortoise merger problem which says the line Index: was not found. Either this is not a diff file or the diff is empty. So I'm thinking it's because for some reason the supercaw zip is empty but when I use the torrent it's alright I'm not exactly sure how to use torrents. Also my game is GameVersion = 10.0.96.013001
CompatVersion = 13
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 10
while CAW is GameVersion = 1.13.7.014037
CompatVersion = 14
WorldBuilderCompatibilityVersion = 11
not sure if it matters CAW opens just fine.
I should be able to figure this out just brain dead after finals, but would like to work on my world over the break. Thanks
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#177 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 2:43 PM
What is your basegame version, ruffdog24- and which SuperCAW patch are you using (1.16 or 1.13)?

Not sure which 'torrent' you are referring to.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#178 Old 24th Mar 2012 at 11:36 PM
@snuddelhund and anyone else who is having errors in Tortoise Merge with the 1.16 patch:

(Shamelessly paraphrased from atavera!)
As before, It looks like ILSpy is decompiling slightly differently for some. Here is a fix that you can try.

- Extract and save in ILSpy as in the tutorial.
- Start TortoiseMerge
- Apply Ilspy_difference-1.1.patch (from the link at the bottom of this post) as a unified diff to your project folder.
- Now apply the original patch linked from the tutorial and continue normally.

Diff Patch download link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/CUVlptUG/file.html
Test Subject
#179 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 7:33 PM
Sorry, my English is not so good and I don't understand how to do that. You mean that I have to purcharse the Project folder two times? How I do that? I tried everything in the post and it didn't work, this is my last chance to make it work! >.<
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#180 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 8:34 PM
viiik001, could you explain to me what you have done, step by step?

What version of CAW do you have, and what game version do you have?

Not sure what you mean by 'purcharse the project folder', could you explain again?
Test Subject
#181 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 8:58 PM
My CAW version is 1.16, and my game version is 12.0.273 I did all the steps in the tutorial, first using ILSpy( 2.0.0.1564). Open->CAW, and with CAW selected, SAVE CODE in the "Project" folder. Then I open TortoiseMerge, Apply unified Diff, and I put the Clark Kent purchase in "diff file" and Project in "directory". And after that, It appears this. I read about an fix for this, using the ilspy_difference patch... but I dont understand how to use it. Sorry for my bad english.... I expect you understand me!!!
Test Subject
#182 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 9:01 PM
Thats what appears in TortoiseMerge
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#183 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 10:14 PM
Thank you, viiik001- I understand now!

What you need to do is to follow the tutorial up to the part where it says 'Save it to the same folder as the other files. Double click on TortoiseMerge.exe to run it.'

Then, download the 'ilspy_difference-1.1' patch from the link in post #179. Apply that patch in Tortoise Merge as a difference file, in just the same way as you would for the 'Clark Kent' file. Then, do the right click>Patch all bit and close Tortoise Merge.

Then, open Tortoise Merge again, and continue from where it says 'In the window that appears, click 'Apply Unified Diff'.' This time, apply the 'Clark Kent' file (supercaw-1.1 patch) as normal. Continue with the tutorial to the end.

What you are doing is applying two patches to your projects folder.

I hope this is clear, please let me know if you have any problems!
Test Subject
#184 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 10:34 PM
I tried that, but when I use the new path, it appears a longer list of files, many of them in red... With every file it appears this window and I cannot continue!
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#185 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 1:02 AM
And that is when you apply the ilspy_difference-1.1 patch or the supercaw-1.1 patch?
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 2:13 AM
Hi SimSample,

Maybe I can help clear up what's happening with viiik001 since I'm having the same problem.

With CAW version 1.13.7, I was able to successfully complete the process by first using the ilspy_difference patch, and then using the SuperCAW patch since it would not work by itself. TortoiseMerge would give me a box with several items to patch. All text was black, and no red items were in the list.

However, with the CAW version 1.16.2, the SuperCAW patch 1.1 will not work by itself again, nor this time will applying the ilspy_difference patch first. The difference patch is causing TortoiseMerge to display a box with way more items (red and black text) than using patch 1.1 alone, like in the image that viiik001 posted above.

Did I explain things so they make any sense?

I'm still fiddling with it but no luck as of yet.

Thanks for trying to help us out.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#187 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 4:24 PM
I just tried this today, and I only followed the instructions from the Wiki page (mainly because I was unaware there are extra files to get! ) and thus only downloaded the stuff linked from there, and I'm happy to report I didn't encounter any issues.

I already have Visual Studio 2010 and TortoiseSVN installed prior to this, in case that matters. But the TortoiseMerge is new.
For those having difficulties, have you run Windows updates recently, especially if this is the first time running VS2010? There are Service Pack 1 updates for VS2010 and .Net 4.0 have had some updates, too.
Lab Assistant
#188 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 11:11 PM
Yeah, I've been using VS2010 with Net4 for quite a while now, and I make sure to keep it up to date.

I didn't have any problem the last time using both patches together, but this time it just wants to be a stubborn puppy. I've done everything exactly the same. I guess it wants to make me think harder, and I will figure something out eventually!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#189 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 6:24 PM
Thanks for the clarification, lmills2!

lmills2 and viiik001- could you please try this patch instead? It contains the difference patch and the SuperCAW patch in one. Download the alternate patch here:
http://www.4shared.com/file/yajcFRF...-alternate.html
So just follow the tutorial from the beginning and apply that alternate patch instead of the usual one.

Details here:
http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=860.0
Will add it to the wiki as soon as I can get the wiki to work! :D
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 3:29 PM
Hi SimSample,

Just tried again with your newest alternate 1.1 patch. I figured it may be easier to show you via an image what I'm getting on my end. I did a comparison of the TurtoiseMerge boxes using all three methods we've tried so far, and then took an Excel snapshot that shows where the differences occur between the 3 methods. I don't know if this will help or confuse more, but thought it may be easier to see where the problem may be?

As another option, could it be possible to manually edit each file that TortoiseMerge is supposed to be fixing for us?

Please let me know if I can provide anything else that could be helpful!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#191 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 8:11 PM
For those of you that are still having problems, a patched version of the .exe is posted at simlogical here: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...pic=860.msg5989. Only use it if you are unable to patch it yourself using above methods.
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:34 PM
Thank you so much! The precompiled version works like a treat.

I'm still going to fiddle around and try to figure out why the patches don't want to work for me. I almost always learn new things when I experiment.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#193 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 9:58 PM
Thanks CAW!

I'm glad it's working for you now, lmills2. Maybe you could upload your .csproj and link to it in the Simlogical thread.

For everyone else who is confused- please take a look at the wiki article again as I've just updated it.

If you are on CAW version 1.16.2 and having errors as in this image then please try the alternative patch at Step 12 of the instructions here.

If you are on CAW version 1.16.2 and the alternative patch fails too, please download the patched executable from Simlogical.

Still having problems?

If you are on CAW version 1.16.2 and the alternative patch fails too, please download the patched executable from Simlogical.

The developer of this patch is often in the chat room at Simlogical, so you could drop in there to report errors. Otherwise, please post here or in the Simlogical development thread. I would like to hear from you in this thread if it is working okay, too!

Thank you all for testing!
Test Subject
#194 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 12:09 AM
It works now, with this new path!!! Thanks a lot for help!!!! ^^
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#195 Old 3rd Apr 2012 at 1:26 PM
Well done viiik001, I'm glad it's working for you!
Test Subject
#196 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:30 AM
Default An error of a different kind
Uhm I've had a different error where its worked for the past week or two that I've had it installed yet when I go to open it yesterday to save a world as a vacation world it says Create a World Beta has crashed -
something to do with corrupted memory or similar
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#197 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:46 AM
Did you make your new executable Large Adress Aware? See this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595
Test Subject
#198 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Batqueen23 : 10th Apr 2012 at 4:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Did you make your new executable Large Adress Aware? See this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=441595

I've never been able to make an exe - it never works when I have
When I try to run the exe it just comes up with "[program here] has encountered an error and had to close" message
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#199 Old 11th Apr 2012 at 12:28 PM
Okay, I'm getting confused now! Let's start again.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you have followed the tutorial to make CAW into 'SuperCAW', correct?

If so then you have created a new executable, which is called WorldBuilderCS.exe (read the bit 'Running Super CAW' in the tutorial).

If you have done that then please make that exeutable Large Adress Aware as described in the tutorial.

Does it run now? If not, does your original version of CAW run okay?

If I've misunderstood, then please explain to me exactly what steps you have done and what you are doing when you get the crash.
Test Subject
#200 Old 15th Apr 2012 at 11:58 PM Last edited by sasdad : 16th Apr 2012 at 2:00 AM. Reason: Even More testing results
Default New feature?
I have all the unpopulated packed EA worlds and with normal CAW, you can't export packed worlds but with SuperCAW, I exported Starlight Shores fine, but don't have Showtime and I will test if any problems occur.

EDIT: When loading, the world loading screen is black, due the .ini not put in. Then a weird background appears with trees and the loading loop stops playing but it still loads. There is no flyover and the world appears, there are blue lots, because I don't have Showtime. There are households but the address names, descriptions of lots are addresses like e.g, EP06/World/EP06_broadpass/LotAddress:or LotDesc: C (Community) or R (Residental)**( Lot Number)_(Starter_03 or ArtMuseum. Other than the blue lots and the black stadium. I will play a family and do further testing. I played a family, the world runs, as there are no shells and reduced number of rabbitholes. I cannot save, maybe I have to try save as, like in CAW. At night time the moon is pitch black so it hides in the night time. I have taken some screenshots which I will upload.
Screenshots
Page 8 of 15