Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 11:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Having trobules with .package files specifically.
Hello guys. Recently i had some spare time and decided to play sims for old time sake...
I've got Sims 3 and downloaded some mods (such as hair, clothing, bulges, etc) to give the game a little more "realness feeling" to it. As the tittle states, I keep having trouble with .package files, and still can't put my finger on what's causing it, meanwhile the sims3packs files works perfectly.

Have read the FAQ, downloaded the .zip this page offers, replaced the folder, cleared cache and re-downloaded the packages, checked the directories and names of the folders, tried to re-install the Stuff pack, but nothing seems to work for me. Also, have read other CC-trouble related posts, and i think the trouble may be related to my patch version of the Sims 3 or that don't have enough expansions. I'm not quite sure of this, though. Anyways, i would like to know if you could help me out.
Thanks in advance
PS: I apologize for any grammar/sintaxys mistakes, english is not my native language. :/

Pack versions, resource.cfg, and screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2017 at 5:51 AM Last edited by igazor : 26th Jul 2017 at 7:29 AM.
Hi. You are on Patch 1.9 (we could refer to that as 1.09 to compare with modern patch levels), the one that came with HELS. You need to be on Patch 1.12 or higher in order for the Documents folder based Framework, that is Mods, Packages, and Resource.cfg, to work. Current patch levels are 1.67 and 1.69 (the latter is for Origin controlled games only). Is there a reason you are trying to play on such an early patch level? The EA SuperPatcher is generally recommended to bring your game up to 1.67 all at once, especially as Launcher based patching is so prone to failure and false reports of patch completion.
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-...3-super-patcher

Prior to Patch 1.12 (we're talking mid-2010 here) there was another way to do all this, but I'm not going to recommend that as modern package files like current mods will tend to not work that way.

You also should not have sims3packs and package files mixed together in the same directory. There are two formats for CC in TS3. Sims3packs are installed by placing them in the game folder's Downloads directory, the Launcher reads them from there, and you use the Launcher to install them. After installation, it doesn't matter what you do with the sims3packs, they no longer need to be in Downloads (many of us store them elsewhere in case needed later).

Package based files are installed by placing them in Mods\Packages within the correct Framework and the game reads them from there. Sims3packs and other data types do not belong in there at all. But yes, your patch level would be preventing this from working.