Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 6:36 PM Last edited by Neloi : 10th Oct 2017 at 8:49 PM.
Default How do I create contact lenses?
Okay, so. I've been trying to figure this out for months now, and I still haven't gone from 1 to 2. I just really can't do this by myself, or properly understand any written tutorials, because, I've read about it a million times, tried it myself, and things didn't work out the way I planned. So now, I would like to ask it here as well. Can any experienced cc creators show me how do they do it? I would highly appreciate a video about it, since I'd probably better understand things ( you can, of course, link me ANY tutorials about contact lenses which worked for you. And please try to avoid the ones older than 2015, but I didn't see any recent though ). If anyone can help me, thank you so so much. ♥
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:11 PM
One thing that people don't tell you is that creating contacts is exactly the same thing as creating makeup So if you want to look for an alternative, I'd go with that. However, here's a tutorial that shows off how things are done Now with the normal UV map you don't have to worry about a left/right issue. The person who used the Uv map for either the right or the left eye is. I would have posted a tutorial here if I had more time but sadly, creating a tutorial in general (Or a proper one to follow) takes a lot of work and time to finish it.

If you have any questions let me know!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:32 PM
GPL is right - contacts are just another type of make-up, typically categorized as Costume Make-up (like the face paint that came with Seasons). While I don't have a specific tutorial to forward, I think it might also be helpful to just look at how a working CC package is set-up. Perhaps start by cloning a pair of contacts you already like and use with S3OC. Contacts usually have two texture files - the diffuse that has the actual iris texture, and the mask that shows how that iris will be recolored.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:33 PM
Thank you very much, it's really helpful! I'll dm you if I have any questions, and you don't mind either. Have a nice day!