Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 1:09 AM
Default Sims 3 Legacy Challenges?
Does anyone have the rules for the expansion packs of Sims 3? In regards to the Legacy Challenge?

I remember reading that Sims don't age on vacation, and in a Legacy Challenge you're not allowed to stop sims from aging. Or is vacations all right in this regard? Also do Sims age at University? Because I was thinking I could install one expansion pack for each generation (ie: Base game for 1, World Adventures for 2, etc). Or maybe I should just install everything I have at once and get more expansions when I can.

(I'm sorry for the double-post, I can't find my last post so I don't think it posted.)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 1:30 AM
It all depends on the legacy challenge. Some are very strict in how the rules are followed. Others are more lenient. Though my real suggestion is to check the different legacy challenges and see which one sounds good to you.

I hate it when the voices in my head talk about me as though I were not there...
Test Subject
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 3:46 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:23 PM
@Kathwynn I've looked at some of the challenges like Apocalypse or Vampire Legacy, IDK if they sound appealing or not. I'd probably do Family Trait and Patriarchy, and I could see going for Perfect Genetics (though it might kill my challenge early if it doesn't work).

@Aky30 Those are the rules for the Base Game, but are there no rules for the expansions? I'm wondering about things I should avoid, or things I could do to earn points. Like I remember in World Adventures there's a Wine-Making skill, would that be worth points? I get that the rules are "no cheating", but is there a scorecard for expansions?
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 7:24 PM
Here is also one: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=480205

I am currently doing a challenge in this one.