Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 3:32 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Bloated game
I haven't really enjoyed a TS3 game for a long time but I do enjoy the one I am playing now, a legacy Riverview game. Sadly, it is becoming unplayable - not only because of the atrocious loading and saving times but also because the game is getting seriously slow and freezes are becoming more and more frequent. I am at the third generation (the third generation Sim will become a young adult "tomorrow"), with grandparents still alive. I have all the essential Twallan's mods but they don't seem to help anymore at this stage.

- can anything be done at all?

- would moving the family to another 'hood (which I would not like to do) help?

- my current saves are about 400 MB - much too big, obviously. I found a very old post on this forum in which people are complaining about their 50 MB saves - I'd kill for such a result. What can be done about that?

- I bought and installed ITF; as far as I am concerned, that money was thrown away. I'd really like to get rid of it it but I am not sure how to do it - is via Control Panel OK or is there a better way? Also: will that make my saves unusable? I haven't visited the future in this game but I know it is running in the background.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 4:24 PM
Have you disabled the memory system? That's one of the primary causes of awful save bloat.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
#3 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 5:47 PM
The SaveCleaner back at Simlogical is also a great way to bring down the size of your savegame. I use it all the time.
http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1532.0