Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 1:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop runs, everything is blank
I recently splurged on a new computer. My old one had been on it's last legs for a while. Then a couple of days ago, I booted up Bodyshop. But instead of seeing the background and the mannequin, that space was black. Nothing showed up, no matter what I clicked. And when I got to the end of the thumbnails that had been generated in game, Bodyshop started generating them - blank. Here's a picture to show what I mean. Now when I first installed the game, my smooth edges and shadows were greyed out. I altered the Graphics Rules.sgr and successfully managed to get those working, so I suspect my problems are down to video card shenanigans, but I have no idea what to do about it. So please, help!

Oh, and here's my specs.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 9:16 PM
I have experienced this problem a few time myself, but unfortunately I don't remember exactly how I solved it. I know I closed Body Shop, and I think I also deleted all the temporary cache files including cigen.package. When I opened it again everything was normal again. If this doesn't work for you, you could try to also temporary remove your downloads folder.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 1:33 PM
Oh goodness, that actually worked! I usually just delete the Groups.package and ignore the cigen.package. Thanks!
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved