Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
So my sims would also be WAY unfashionable and not really tied to a specific time period, I even gave premades Simlish names.

What are Simlish names?

To add to this, I concur with the other people in this thread that Sims 2 had this going too, and I always considered it to be an Asian thing. That, as well as long hair for men. Other than man-buns, I hardly know a single guy with hair longer than say, four inches. It always bothered me how many more long hair styles there were for guys than short hair styles. I generally just play Maxis-Match and base clothing styles on personality, but I'm also a very Midwestern (US) person so I tend to dress my Sims (and also dress myself) relatively modestly.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlyPlay665
Other than man-buns, I hardly know a single guy with hair longer than say, four inches. It always bothered me how many more long hair styles there were for guys than short hair styles. I generally just play Maxis-Match and base clothing styles on personality, but I'm also a very Midwestern (US) person so I tend to dress my Sims (and also dress myself) relatively modestly.

I'm a bit east of where you are, but hi there. Long haired guy here (what's left of it now anyway and no, that would be in a ponytail during daylight hours never in a bun).
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:27 AM
It's a Japanese thing, that's all I know about it.
My country has a thing for braces right now & I think it's stupid. People get braces even when they don't need it & some people went to quacks & has their mouth ruined for it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 3:50 AM
@Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu Can you please use spoiler tags for your pictures. You are allowed four without spoilers, although if gigantic ones are posted a spoiler is nice to do since it helps the page load faster.

As to the teeth, we have old lipsticks on here in the sims 2 section showing teeth, it's not new. The simming community has seen spotted skins, orange wash pictures, and now it's often ugly babies or sims who look like they have really bad head colds. *shrug*

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2