Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 10:45 PM
Default Unslaving an object
Hello there. I would like to un-slave an object and then use standalone recolors of the object. I have searched for unslaving an object but I haven't really found anything that details this. In addition, cloning this slaved object leaves only a shadow texture so I would need to add a texture and give it it's own MMAT. I am familiar with the repository technique....the confusion starts when I reverse it. : (

The reason I'd like to do this is when I'm playing a particular themed neighborhood, I would only load the downloads that fit that particular theme. By unslaving my favorite objects, I would be relieved of having to wade through the unrelated colors/textures. Also....I'd just like to be able to figure this out : )

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 10:56 PM
Theorist
#3 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 10:57 PM
Hi sydsyrious Have you seen the tutorial for adding a subset? It takes you through the steps of adding textures, changing the shape and all of that which is basically what you need to do to unslave something.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jun 2015 at 11:39 PM Last edited by sydsyrious : 6th Jun 2015 at 2:33 AM.
Hey thanks MLC and Honeywell for responding so quickly. I will check out that subset tutorial again and try to see where I am messing up. I guess I avoided it because I don't really want to add anything....I just want to take something away and so I thought I might need something else.

Thanks again and will post back when I start pulling out my hair....again. BHAV stuff is so much easier : )

Edit: Alright, I've done a test doing the tutorial adding a subset. I had to add a TXMT and a MMAT from another package as the TXMT in the clone was a shadow and I didn't have a MMAT. In the scenograph my TXTR and TXMT's are showing as orphans and so I am basically back to square one. I haven't deleted the slave connection yet because I'm still not sure when to do this.

Can anyone take a look and tell me where I've screwed up? I'm thinking now I needed a tutorial on importing TXMT and MMAT's.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  SydPhaenohClone.rar (87.6 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Problem with unslaving
Theorist
#5 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 3:52 AM
The only thing wrong that I could see was your names were wrong or not linked correctly. For example I think you put the name of the texture in the shape and then had a completely different name for your txmt -- all the parts were there but it was just a bunch of little naming issues. It was easier for me to just rename everything using a standard naming convention (which is just the name of the subset and a description of the texture) so that's what I did.

I'm really terrible at explaining this stuff so I hope just being able to look at an unslaved example is helpful for you. Let me know if you have any questions about what I did and I'll do my best to answer.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  fixed.zip (94.2 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 4:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
The only thing wrong that I could see was your names were wrong or not linked correctly. For example I think you put the name of the texture in the shape and then had a completely different name for your txmt -- all the parts were there but it was just a bunch of little naming issues. It was easier for me to just rename everything using a standard naming convention (which is just the name of the subset and a description of the texture) so that's what I did.

I'm really terrible at explaining this stuff so I hope just being able to look at an unslaved example is helpful for you. Let me know if you have any questions about what I did and I'll do my best to answer.

OMG!! I could just kiss you!! Thank you so much - this exercise has helped too because it is so easy to screw up those names with all the little dashes and I learned about importing things that were missing from other packages. I really feel like a lightbulb just went on.

I am going to go do this over again and see if I can get your results. This had helped me so much. Thank you again.
Theorist
#7 Old 6th Jun 2015 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sydsyrious
OMG!! I could just kiss you!! Thank you so much - this exercise has helped too because it is so easy to screw up those names with all the little dashes and I learned about importing things that were missing from other packages. I really feel like a lightbulb just went on.

I am going to go do this over again and see if I can get your results. This had helped me so much. Thank you again.

You are more than welcome and I'm glad it helped. I can not tell you how many times Leefish and Huge Lunatic had to help me with this in the beginning. I thought the same thing you did -- bhav's were way easier! lol