Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 9:24 PM Last edited by catlady17 : 22nd Sep 2017 at 4:29 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default TS2 SC quits after trying to place lights
I am building a house on TS2 Super Collection and everything is running smoothly as always and then I hit the light icon to pick and place a light in the room and TS2 quits unexpectedly. I thought hmm maybe I need to just go away for awhile and try again later. Over 30 minutes I reload TS2 and hit the light icon and it quits again! Has this ever happened to anyone before? Any ideas how to fix this? (I do have quite a bit of CC)
I can get all the other things the house needs besides the lights
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 10:02 PM
some questions to consider::
is it certain lights or all lights?
does it occur on only that lot or on all lots?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
some questions to consider::
is it certain lights or all lights?
does it occur on only that lot or on all lots?

Yes it's all the lights. I click on the light bulb icon and it closes me with a pop up message saying "The Sims 2 Super Collection has quit unexpectedly." I can't pick any lights to chose from because after I click to see the lights it crashes. I've tried it in a different neighborhood with a different family and the same thing happens.
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 10:32 PM
possible causes::
-some mod
-graphics settings
Alchemist
#5 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 10:46 PM
Load the game without any CC and see if it works. You likely have a downloaded light that's broken in some way.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Load the game without any CC and see if it works. You likely have a downloaded light that's broken in some way.

Thank you, I disabled CC and it fixed the problem. In order for me to be able to get into lights with CC on I have to go back and find my broken light, correct?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:37 PM
Yes, you need to find the borked cc light and remove it. You are lucky that turning off CC is at least a partial fix as often that doesn't work. When testing for issues with CC you would normally have to make a backup and remove the folder since disabling CC is not a full test. I hope your download folder is organized as that makes it so much easier to find, if not you will need to do a 50/50 search until you find it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~