Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM
Default Why is she glowing?? (pic attached)
Hi,
I noticed this sim walking around town and... she's glowing!
how? why? how??
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:30 PM
She probably got either blessed by a priest or got a good buff from wishing in the well. Sometimes hetting cured by the physician can do that too. Most of the time it's the well though.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 5:49 PM
[QUOTE=tal12586]Hi,
I noticed this sim walking around town and... she's glowing!
how? why? how?? [/QUOTE

tal12586 don't let it bother you k?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sirah81
She probably got either blessed by a priest or got a good buff from wishing in the well. Sometimes hetting cured by the physician can do that too. Most of the time it's the well though.

Good grief... ha ha ha hahahaha.
I didn't even think of that when I was trying to figure out how/why random sims got the glowy head when there was no priests or wizards in the kingdom. Now I feel dumb.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 7:12 PM Last edited by mflaha55 : 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:40 AM.
Golly gee, I thought it was because they had just bathed! What can I say? I noticed that after a time without bathing my sims had the dark cloud and flies around their head, hence the thought that since they were all aglow, they had just bathed. I guess being blessed or having their wishes granted makes more sense. This game's full of surprises!

Are you SURE it couldn't be because they just bathed?

Edit: Just thought of another reason why they would "glow." (woo-hoo! )
Field Researcher
#6 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 7:22 PM
Most NPCs rarely bathe, except the people who hang out in the castle. But if you stay at the Town Square for even a moment you will see that most NPCs are absolutely addicted to wishing with the well....
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 7:32 PM
She's one of those sparkly vampires. Send her to the pit!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JanetteRaven
She's one of those sparkly vampires. Send her to the pit!

I didn't know TSM HAD vampires! Egads!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:46 PM
Most NPCs rarely bathe, except the people who hang out in the castle. But if you stay at the Town Square for even a moment you will see that most NPCs are absolutely addicted to wishing with the well....

My sims from all over New Caledonia (my kingdom) run up to the castle all the time for a bath, they all seem to love having the freshly bathed buff. If I watch the tub, I will see all kinds of sims come in and bathe.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Apr 2011 at 8:58 PM

lol Sirah81 how true.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 1:33 AM
Maybe she's a fairy!! Haha, I wish this game had fairies, even though I guess they're too similar to elves. I have that girl in a few of my kingdoms as well; I think she's one of the prettiest NPCs.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mflaha55
I didn't know TSM HAD vampires! Egads!

Um, hadn't you noticed the "blood" guy in the castle? Red doublet, widow's peak hairstyle? He's pretty obviously a vampire. LOL
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FriendlyQuark
Um, hadn't you noticed the "blood" guy in the castle? Red doublet, widow's peak hairstyle? He's pretty obviously a vampire. LOL

Oh. I thought he was with the IRS.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 10:11 PM
I got the glow after being "chosen by the watcher" ... I think it gives a nice buff, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 1:14 AM
Thanks for your explenations! the sims of cookieland (my kingdom) are very grateful

and yes, I think my sims are also addicted to wishing in the well. didn't check with the bath though.. but I'm sure they're sneaking in to bathe. they also keep sneaking in the room of the bard in the tavern! it's like, the tavern is empty and 5-6 sims hang in the room upstairs
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tal12586
they also keep sneaking in the room of the bard in the tavern! it's like, the tavern is empty and 5-6 sims hang in the room upstairs

put a gaming table in the downstairs, that helped get sims out of teh bard's bedroom for me.