Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 9:52 AM
Default Digital Download of TSM has some issues.
I pre order TSM with limited edition digital download so I could play it the moment it came out. Big mistake! There is no way I can modify the game because all the important files are not there for me to look at or change. Game Data the most important file is not there. This is ridiculous. Also makes no sense how a physical copy and digital copy download any differently.

Ugh.

*ooowhatdidyado*
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ooowhatdidyado
Also makes no sense how a physical copy and digital copy download any differently.

I believe you mean install rather than download. And you're right: it doesn't make sense that the digital download would install with a significantly different file structure than the disk version. Forgive me for asking, but are you sure you're looking in the root folder (in the Program Files path) and not the user files (in the Documents path) for the files you want to mod? And are you sure that the file you can't find even exists in the disk version? There is a GameData directory for TSM (with the *Build*.packages) and there is a gameplay.package file, but no Game Data file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 8:15 AM
Well I happen to be the dumbest person alive. While attempting to uninstall the game I found all the folders I needed, but now I am having trouble getting the mods to work. Ugh. I cant figure out why this is so hard. TS3 was simple! Thank you very much for replying and if you have any advice on how to install mods let me know. =)
Test Subject
#4 Old 26th Apr 2011 at 5:17 PM
Well if you look at the second sticky at the top of the forum list you will see a thread "how to mod your game for beginners".
There you will find your answers for setting up TSM to be modded.