Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#326 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pdennis
It was like the circus had come to town, and not the cool, scarey, don't-get-on-the-merry-go-round type.

You know all of this would've been so much more usable it they'd gone that kind of a route! Like, with a proper fair/circus type theme instead of this quite non-particular candy-land theme. It would've gone great with Showtime, and would've been a much more usable theme... *sigh* well, at least we get something positive from this, which is a review by LGR. : P
Advertisement
Retired
retired moderator
#327 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 11:15 AM
"I've taken diarrheas"? I think that is not the phrase you were searching for.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
#328 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
"I've taken diarrheas"? I think that is not the phrase you were searching for.

I guess if it is possible to "take a dump", then it's possible to take a diarrhea...or two...

But this is all too much for me. (Thank-you Katy Perry and EA...you see what you have done to us?)
Field Researcher
#329 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
... *sigh* well, at least we get something positive from this, which is a review by LGR. : P

I adore LGR! And his review was hilarious & accurate as usual.

I love how he articulates the voice of the fanbase so well! I know not everyone will agree with him, but imo he hit the nail on the head with the Sweet Treats review.
Field Researcher
#330 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 2:49 PM
Looks to me like something geared to preschoolers and lower elemtary kids. EA needs to really take a look at the demographic of the Sims players. I wouldn't put this in my game even if it were free.
Scholar
#331 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 3:19 PM
LGR reviews are one of the highlights of any EP/SP release. I've been waiting for this one...he so got it right!
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#332 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
You know all of this would've been so much more usable it they'd gone that kind of a route! Like, with a proper fair/circus type theme instead of this quite non-particular candy-land theme. It would've gone great with Showtime, and would've been a much more usable theme... *sigh* well, at least we get something positive from this, which is a review by LGR. : P
If they would have gone that route, it would mean I could have finally built my "Something Wicked This Way Comes" carnival.
Test Subject
#333 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 8:19 AM
I really like this Stuff Back or whatever It is *runs away and hides*.

Seriously, I like it because I can build an Icecream bar type coffee shop with the store ice-cream machine. Also, the clothes are very nicely detailed. I think It could mean more nice clothes and objects in the future for the game. I was just looking at the clothes that came with High End Loft and they look like...oversized plain tents on sims. Detailing and texturing the clothes has improved a lot lately. But I do agree many of you. This SP would have been more useful for more people If there were more clothes like that red carpet dress and hair´s without the candy stuff. Im going to wear them on singer´s in the future when they perform. They are good for that kind of thing.
Mad Poster
#334 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 10:34 AM
LGR (aka, Clint) is a good buddy of mine in the games-reviewer world. His review had my day set out to be a good one, for sure. That guy has a voice of gold.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#335 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aphrodita
...like that red carpet dress and hair´s without the candy stuff. Im going to wear them on singer´s in the future when they perform. They are good for that kind of thing.

Give how often a Sim squats + kicks when they perform (smooth move EA), the red dress wouldn't be the best move.

Kind of annoying Sims can't perform ballads, and just sway with the movements. Pop is nice, but even Katy Perry breaks out a ballad every now and again.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Test Subject
#336 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:53 PM
Haha :D. I don´t know about that. I have not played as Singer yet . I started with the acrobat.
Field Researcher
#337 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 5:33 PM
i had almost completely blocked this EP from my memories until it resurfaced on the forums again.. i'm feeling nauseated all over again
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#338 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 6:19 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 8th Jun 2012 at 6:35 PM.
An acrobat in a dress. Now THAT would be a show!

Mad Poster
#339 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iheartcowcapoos
i had almost completely blocked this EP from my memories until it resurfaced on the forums again.. i'm feeling nauseated all over again

I had the displeasure of seeing it in reality on a store shelf the other day. Although I don't remember it being as expensive as it was advertised as being.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#340 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aphrodita
I really like this Stuff Back or whatever It is *runs away and hides*.

Seriously, I like it because I can build an Icecream bar type coffee shop with the store ice-cream machine. Also, the clothes are very nicely detailed. I think It could mean more nice clothes and objects in the future for the game. I was just looking at the clothes that came with High End Loft and they look like...oversized plain tents on sims. Detailing and texturing the clothes has improved a lot lately. But I do agree many of you. This SP would have been more useful for more people If there were more clothes like that red carpet dress and hair´s without the candy stuff. Im going to wear them on singer´s in the future when they perform. They are good for that kind of thing.
Do you work for EA? -.-
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#341 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pdennis
If they would have gone that route, it would mean I could have finally built my "Something Wicked This Way Comes" carnival.
Who the heck disagreed with this it's not even an opinion or anything to disagree about! someone must be bored
One Minute Ninja'd
#342 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 3:52 AM
I just watched LGR's review (link above). All I can say is..................wow. I expected bad, but this thing is about as appetizing as Salmonella. I mean, yes, I expected bad, but after seeing the items offered for sale, EA should be ashamed to take money from people for that crap. I would say I ducked a bullet not pre-ordering (yeah, fat chance of that), but I felt like I was watching a car crash in slow motion seeing that video. I think LGR was being kind in his comments on that review. However, to be fair, he should have posted a warning about the video contents before letting folks see it, as actually seeing that pile of rotten candy made me lose my appetite.

I hope EA wasn't counting on this "thing" to help make its quarterly sales figures.
Lab Assistant
#343 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:26 AM
May I please backflip off into Niagara Falls? K, thanks. (My reaction when I saw it yesterday, actually)

I heard a girl who also plays the Sims in my class talk about the Katy Perry version of Showtime in my class and I wonder if she'll be buying this haha.
Lab Assistant
#344 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I had the displeasure of seeing it in reality on a store shelf the other day. Although I don't remember it being as expensive as it was advertised as being.

Went to my game shop to find Sims 2. Saw this. Felt like knocking the shelf down, or throwing this SP at someone. I really dislike it.
Inventor
#345 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 4:06 PM

The Stuff that Dreams are made of.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#346 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 4:08 PM
I just got diabetes from looking at this...

Lab Assistant
#347 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 6:26 PM
Just who are they trying to appeal to?! It's all too pink and cutesy, say for anyone 11 years old and older with the gift of SIGHT, but way to raunchy and suggestive for kiddies. Those cherry ladyparts! My my! :O
But I think if I were ever to lose my senses and buy this pack, I'd just pop one or two of the pieces in a child's bedroom. I mean those cupcake fences actually wouldn't look tooooo bad if you only used maybe one, either side of a desk or squashy armchair/ bean bag for a young girl's room. I've seen stuff like that in real life! But the lots you get with it, the every-item-on-the-lot-is-sickly-sweet-and-pink lots, I find just abhorrent.
Inventor
#348 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elphiron
Just who are they trying to appeal to?!

I don't think people like me were their target, but they certainly got me hooked - seriously. I have always been fascinated by kitsch, though not by all of it: there is cheap kitsch (not in the sense of price - these things can be quite expensive), there is average kitsch, and then there is over-the-top one; it's the latter that fascinates me. This stuff pack is mostly over the top and it also enables to me to make other stuff perfectly kitschy. I don't think I had that much fun since TS3 came out.

And BTW, there is no point in looking at me LIKE THAT. I am quite used to it.
Lab Assistant
#349 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:54 PM
No no, that seems perfectly reasonable! I'll probably buy it when it's come down in price a bit, some kind of sweet shop community lot type thing appeals to me. I just wish they'd made SOME things a little less over-the-top kitsch and some of the clothing a little more demure. But I'm quite excited about some of the decorative items that'll look great in a teen/ child's room
Inventor
#350 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 12:05 AM
I got it for a belated birthday present and it's OK. I have been messing about with creating a chocolate themed house using a few things from the pack with CC filing the gaps a bit.
Also some of the clothing bits can be used though I hope some clever person can lever off the candy from a few things later on.

Page 14 of 15