Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 6:47 AM
Default Where do you find pictures to paint on the easel?
I have been using Painting Easels Superset set by AnoeskaB at TSR, and it allows you to paint square paintings, oval paintings and horizontal paintings as well as the usual vertical painting.

So I am using the custom painting feature that came with pets to paint whatever...and I am running out of places to find good things to paint!

Right now, my sim is painting pictures from Winnie-the-Pooh for the kids room...but anyway, got any good sites for finding custom paintings for the easel? Or any artists that you really like? It is also hard to find stuff that is not watermarked, like at allposters.com.

Share ideas for good painting/drawing/poster sites!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:01 AM
Google is your best friend . That or I take my own pictures. :D
Site Helper
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:32 PM
You can find good desktop wallpaper from places like Visualparadox.com or Spiderscreations.com and then re-size them for a painting. They have watermarks along an edge, but at painting size the watermark doesn't interfere much.

Since they are the wrong dimensions, some will work better than others, but you should be able to find some good ones.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 4:21 PM
for paintable pictures that aren't watermarked just google 'public domain' pictures or art. thats how i find all my paintables. I'm thinking of doing a paintable pictures collection and uploading it sometime soon.

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 7:36 PM
I take the pictures of my Sims and then crop them in Photoshop. Sometimes, I'll take scenes from a movie & crop those, as well. For watermarks, I just crop around them.

For the drafting table, I browse house plan sites and crop those photos.

For the painting, the diminsions are 165x243.

I'm indifferently curious.
8/2010
9/2011
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 7:34 PM
Thanks for the tips. I have found a good category here on DeviantART:

http://www.deviantart.com/#catpath=...s/still&order=9