Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 12:34 PM
Default Accidentally made Townie join family
Hi,

Currently, I am playing a 2-person household. While starting an affair with a Townie (Chris Cho) I did not like her swimwear/undies. I sent the wife to buy some nice Teen/YA clothes and then made Chris selectable and sent her off to change. This did not work as the bought clothes were not available. So I experimented and made her unselectable again and proposed her to join the family. This worked and she was now able to change into the custom clothes. Much better. So we proceeded to the whirlpool again to relax.

Now I got interrupted in real life by a long phone call. Then it was time to eat and I really got side-tracked. I came back to my game some 2 hours later and forgot what I'd done.

So I routinely saved the game and carried on. Now I realised I had a third family member, which was initially supposed to be only an experiment. Ooops.

I made Chris unselectable again and she left the plot. Somehow, she remains a family member, is gone from the lot, but still shows up in the thumbnails on the left and as family member when starting the game. I went to a community lot to look for her and try to resolve this situation, but the game crashes.

My question:

How do I get Chris Cho out of my family and make her a Townie once again?

I know I can kill the character and memories using SimPE, but I'd like to know if there's a way of keeping her as Townie?

Thanks for any suggestion and/or help.

//AndyB
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 1:49 PM
If you have Pets or higher, try Inge's teleporter. It includes the option to make a lot resident a townie. (It also includes a summoning option to bring Chris Cho back to the lot before you transform her back into a townie.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 2:25 PM
Thanks, but unfortunately, Uni only.
Site Helper
#4 Old 1st Feb 2009 at 11:13 PM
The Teleporter Plus that is farther down the page works with all setups. It comes as either a hydrangea or a painting.
http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

And it probably would be a good idea to back up the neighborhood. (Backups are handy anyway.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2009 at 3:57 PM
Thank you!!!

Problem solved!

I found the Transporter a bit further down, installed it and it did exactly what I wanted.

I now have a Townie wearing exactly what I told her with all memories intact.

The odd thing is that character memories are screwed up, like: Walter: kissed Walter for the first time. Cathy: fell in love with Cathy. And many more. But I reckon that it's not serious.

Thanks again for the useful information.

//AndyB

PS: I have so many back-ups that I need to weed them out one rainy day when I am extremely bored.