Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd May 2007 at 12:40 PM
Cowplant
Ok, this is a dumb question but I have tried looking in the forum for the answer and can’t find one. :confused:
Started to play with my first cowplant yesterday and how do you get it to eat Sims?
I was planning to kill of all townies but I can’t get it to eat any?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:20 PM
You have to wait a day or so, and not feed it yourself. Then, it'll bring out a piece of cake stuck to the tip of its tongue. Any non-controllable sims whom you greet, will automatically go for the cake - and then, I'm sure you can imagine what happens next XD

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:21 PM
Thanks! That was what i did wrong, i feed it! Thanks so much!!!
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:23 PM
No problem You'll also have to milk it afterwards if you want it to bring out the cake again.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 4:55 PM
I'm sorry for digging out the old thread, but I figured I better post here instead of starting a new thread.

By "non-controllable sims" you mean townies only or any Sim walking through the lot? I'd love to set a cowplant in front of one of my Sims houses, but I'm afraid it will eat a playable Sim from other lot.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
I'm sorry for digging out the old thread, but I figured I better post here instead of starting a new thread.

By "non-controllable sims" you mean townies only or any Sim walking through the lot? I'd love to set a cowplant in front of one of my Sims houses, but I'm afraid it will eat a playable Sim from other lot.

AFAIK, it will attempt to eat any sims not under your control in the current household, so it may very well go after playables from a different family. If you have Open for Business, you can put it in a lockable gate or you get get a hack called darwincowplant from MATY which means only sims with a low logic skill will attempt to eat the Cowplant's cake -- gives a bit of an incentive to give sims some skills in my mind :P
Scholar
#7 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katya Stevens
AFAIK, it will attempt to eat any sims not under your control in the current household, so it may very well go after playables from a different family. If you have Open for Business, you can put it in a lockable gate or you get get a hack called darwincowplant from MATY which means only sims with a low logic skill will attempt to eat the Cowplant's cake -- gives a bit of an incentive to give sims some skills in my mind :P

*sigh* I hoped it would like townies only. Thank you for your advices, especially for letting me know about the MATY hack, I guess I will have to get it so that my in-game born simmies won't get eaten.
Site Helper
#8 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:53 PM
It will even eat a controlled sim who you have "grab cake", although it likes the sim to be clean. (Low hygeine will cause it to sniff the sim and reject them.) So yes, it could eat one of your sims from another lot.

(If you don't have OFB, you can still put a fence with a gate. Just add an extra section of fence where the gate usually stays. Put the gate onto the main section of the fence when a townie you want eaten is nearby or when your sim is going in to milk it. Then move it back to the side section afterward.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#9 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAngel
Ok, this is a dumb question but I have tried looking in the forum for the answer and can’t find one. :confused:
Started to play with my first cowplant yesterday and how do you get it to eat Sims?
I was planning to kill of all townies but I can’t get it to eat any?

where can you buy the cowplant??
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 31st Jan 2009 at 7:27 PM
The cowplant is a job reward. You have to get to the top of the career for "Natural Science" I believe before you can get it. Or you can download a hack *I think there's one over at MTS2* so you can get one anytime you want/need to.

Click HERE and you'll get a surprise!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 3rd Feb 2009 at 9:13 PM
If you have the Resurrect-o-nomitron, you can resurrect a Sim. 5K will bring back the Sim as normal, and 1K will make them a zombie! Personally, I recommend putting a cowplant only on a University lot, and sending all your playable sims to only one dorm or residence. That way, the cowplant will only eat NPC's (afaik).

Tip: If you have all seven skills maxed' and 13 or so friends, you can use the computer to Find a Job. Once you sign up, check your Career Rewards section if you received a career reward just for accepting the job! I think happens better when you accept a job in the middle of a workday.