Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 9:28 PM
Default story progression... have I broken my game?
I dont know how I wound up with story progression in the first place. Maybe when I downloaded the updater for nraas' mods it might've installed all this other crap because I also got kama simptra, cupcake and other stuff I never went after, along with story progression. Anyway, story progression got on my nerves so much and caused so much lag that I decided to get rid of it. I removed everything story progression related as well as kama simtra because she was constantly getting bad woohoo moodlets everytime she did anything. Apparently that must have been a mistake because the game crashes hardly a second into loading. Have I fucked my game?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Aug 2014 at 10:45 PM
You probably want to ask over at Nraas because they can help you sort out what might have happened. Story Progression and Kama Simtra should be fine to just remove from the Mods folder, but the 'other stuff' could have caused the problem.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:45 AM
You cleared your cache files before going in again?

If you didn't get rid of the Cupcake mod, and also don't have the bakery set, that could be it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 8:17 AM
I had the problem with cupcake long resolved. I didnt know why the mod caused crashing when I had t remved at the time. I just did the meticulous method of going through mods until I found the one that caused the crashes. But I will look into clearing iout the cache files.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 11:52 AM
Most of Twallan's mods have the warning to make sure that none of your sims are currently performing an interaction provided by his mod when you remove it. Otherwise, the game looks for code that is no longer there, leading to a crash.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 12:30 PM
Just a thought: Since it seems you somehow managed to download and install everything that was available from Nraas... when you uninstalled ”everything Story Progression related”, are you sure that you also got rid of Master Controller Progression? That is a special module that depends on both Story Progression and Master Controller being installed, and if one of them is uninstalled while MC Progression remains it does cause immediate crashes like the ones you experience.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 5:34 PM
Thanks I'll check for that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 6:14 PM
That was the problem. I found master controller progression and removed. Game loaded fine after that.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 12th Aug 2014 at 9:24 PM
Great! I'm glad that I was able to help.