Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 3:37 PM
Default Deleted walls and floors
Hi everyone!

I`ve been playing with my own new patterns that I`ve created for the Sims 3. I`ve tested them on different surfaces by using the create a style tool. Unfortunately, I saved some walls and floors in the game by clicking on the save icon in the upper left window of the create a style tool.
I found out that I`ve to make some changes to the patterns and I uninstalled them from the game (both paths). I also uninstalled all objects, e. g. rugs, curtains etc. I made and the objects are really gone. So far so good.
The walls and floors I saved are still in the game but they don`t work anymore, they all show different textures but not the pattern I made. That`s ok because I deleted the matching patterns.
I can`t figure out how to delete the unwanted icons/walls/floors or how I could restore the original files. Even uninstalling the game and re-installing to another harddisk didn`t help.

Any help of the experts is much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 3:51 PM
If you have *only* unwanted presets, try deleting Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/userPresets.package. That's where the custom styles are stored for all I know.

It seems rather baffling though that a fresh install would still have those broken presets. Is this an actual new installation, or did you perhaps just recycle your old user files?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 4:03 PM
I uninstalled the game (by using the windows uninstaller) from F:/ and then I installed it to C:/ but those icons are still there.

I also don`t know if the wallpapers and floors shown in the screenshot (1. post) are EA originals or maybe downloads I had installed. These walls are shown when I use the icons with my patterns. BTW, my pattern are a gray/black/white style and have nothing to do with patterns that are displayed when I use the "unwanted icons"

Sorry for English, I`m German. I hope you`ll know what I mean.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tahera
I uninstalled the game (by using the windows uninstaller) from F:/ and then I installed it to C:/ but those icons are still there.
If you didn't remove your user files (the folder in Documents), that would have no effect. Try removing userPresets.package (see above).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 4:22 PM
Thank you for the tip and quick reply. Removing userPresets.package worked!