Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:53 AM Last edited by TheSageNabooru : 9th Mar 2012 at 2:10 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default CC loading freezes
I'm running on a Mac OSX, sure I had my problems before with the game (who hasn't? Thanks EA), but the last time I played it ran perfectly. I do have CC but I've never had a problem with it before, the game and all EPs are paid for and legally gotten, so I have no cracks and I haven't been using AwesomeMod or anything like that. The closest thing is some sliders I had, and they worked perfectly fine, no problem - until I started the game today and downloaded the latest update. Of course.

When I try to install CC now it tells me that I have a unofficial game modification (I don't, and I tried uninstalling my CC, to no avail), and asks if I want to continue. If I say "No", the game shuts down. If I say "Yes", the loading screen comes on, but it the loading bar doesn't move and stays stuck without installing anything. It doesn't seem to matter what CC I select to load, even things I loaded before, the same message and problem comes up. (I also am very annoyed by the fact that some CC - .package files - don't show up in the installer, even though I have the Framework.) I've deleted the pertinent cache files.

I've uninstalled and re-installed my CC - frankly, the game isn't worth playing without it. I don't have any Sims 2 files in the game files by accident.

I also tried downloading updates for my EPs but when I tried to install them a pop-up came on and said the patch couldn't apply to that version of the game.

Please help. I just want to play again.
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 4:46 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Game Problems
    Please go through this FAQ and follow the instructions, doing each step in order and not skipping anything:Most issues with the game can be resolved by following those steps.

• Sims 3 - Incompatible CC
    Every time you patch or install a new EP, most of your hacks will need to be updated or removed. If you are having any kind of problem and you've just patched or installed a new EP, remove all your custom content and delete your cache files. Then, unless the problem is specific to one sim or lot, make a new town and see if the issue occurs there too.

If, having done so, the issue is fixed, then you have some incompatible CC. Any hacks - things which change the game's behaviour - are likely suspects and should be updated or removed; things like objects, clothes, hairs etc are generally safe.

The slider hacks are core mods. Those need to be updated.

And you need to run through the longer checklist if the 3 steps from the Game Problem FAQ don't help. Game_Help:Sims 3 Crashing Checklistwiki

...and moved to OSX section. What version of OSX, by the way? Please supply this with the About this Mac info as stated in the checklist article.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 2:32 AM Last edited by TheSageNabooru : 10th Mar 2012 at 3:05 AM. Reason: Specs
How do I update the sliders?

I'm running Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 (11C2002). 4 GB memory 1333 MHz DDR3, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, and graphics is Intel HD 3000 384 MB.

Also, how do I get my EPs to patch? They keep saying the version is wrong and to re-install, but I can't un-install the expansion packs alone.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:46 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • General - Integrated Graphics
    The reason for your issue is that your computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements to play TS2/TS3.
    In particular, you don't actually have a graphics card - you have integrated graphics, which is just a chip on your motherboard. Most laptops come with integrated graphics, as do some desktops; and while salesmen often claim that integrated graphics chips are just as good as real graphics cards, they're not.

Integrated graphics chips are designed for people who just use their computers to read email, type up documents, and play minesweeper - they are not suitable for high stress games like TS2/TS3. At the very least, playing TS2/TS3 with integrated graphics will mean the game looks terrible; at the worst, you could permanently damage your computer.
    If you have integrated graphics, the other requirements - particularly minimum processor speed - go up to compensate. You can see the increases here, under "If you have a non-T&L capable video card...".

This FAQ contains tips on things you can do to improve your gameplay, and prolong the life of the integrated chip: Game Help:Onboard Graphicswiki
    This is MTS's recommended minimum system specs Be aware that, even if you follow all the tips in the above article, you will probably have to upgrade or replace your computer to alleviate all problems.

Slider hacks are core mods, and core mods are version-specific. So when a new patch/add-on is released, the core mod needs to be updated.
Whose slider hack are you using? The one that allows for more sliders? That is the one you have to update, so go revisit the download page and get an updated version. If that creator is no longer active, then you need to switch to other alternatives: Sims_3_Content_List:Game_Mods_and_Hacks#Slider_Hackswiki

Individual EPs no longer need to be patched, just the base game. If Launcher is misbehaving, you can patch manually from Game Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Downloadwiki.

Does this Mac have switchable graphics or just the integrated Intel one? There's been a lot of issues reported for Intel chipsets on Lion and the Pets updates onwards. They are too weak to cope with Pets and now Showtime's enhanced coding.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 12:39 PM
thanks for your help! (: