Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 5:10 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default No Form Band interaction on two siblings
The Form Band interaction won't show up on a pair of siblings. They are "best friends", are both Young Adults, have level 7 and 8 in two instruments, and live in the same household (so they aren't in other bands or anything). The option will show up for both of their parents. The Form Group interaction won't show up for them either, actually. I have tried removing all custom content/mods and clearing the caches. Any ideas or am I missing some requirement? Thanks!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 3:33 AM
This is just speculation on my part, but if you have ruled out the possibility of custom content being the cause, then there may be a age restriction or you've encountered a bug/glitch. Have you attempted to do this on a new game with new sims and see if the result is the same?
Inventor
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 10:07 AM
Do they have any stars ? It seems that a star with a higher value can't invite one with a lower one.

Also all of this must be true:
--> Your Sim must have at least 1 skill point in one of the 4 instruments before they can start a band.
--> They must also do it by starting it with another Sim who they have a decent relationship with.
--> Sim can't already be in another band.
--> If you are using any hidden trait mods or MC, don't set the band skill for them. It should only be set for people that are already in a band (thank you to bluegenjutsu for finding that).
Field Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 10:32 PM
Actually, I recently discovered that the sims need to be at least good friends for the relationship bar for them to form a band. Sibilings can form bands so if you're still having a problem you could try upping their relationship level