Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:37 AM
So we have to pay another ten dollars on top of buying the game? We don't just get the points FOR buying the game????
Gggrrrr
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
So we have to pay another ten dollars on top of buying the game? We don't just get the points FOR buying the game????
Gggrrrr

No, I believe we do get the points for buying the game, but in general, I think that's the cost if you wanted to buy more beyond what's being given for free I could totally be wrong though.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 3:53 AM
JeNNacide

You get the game, register online, and get $10 worth of "free" points (which they BETTER give us because its a $50 game).

For the Sims CARD, you apparently only get 500 points for the 10 bucks, instead of the 1000 we get for just registering it the first time.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikonah
JeNNacide

You get the game, register online, and get $10 worth of "free" points (which they BETTER give us because its a $50 game).

For the Sims CARD, you apparently only get 500 points for the 10 bucks, instead of the 1000 we get for just registering it the first time.

Ok, cool. Thanks. And it's a 100 dollar game over here, so hells yeah do we deserve those free points. And I haven't seen any of these sim cards over here in Aus. Hmmm. They sound a bit like wow cards...but for sim points.

Thanks for the answers slash info guys :D
Test Subject
#80 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
Oh.... I read in my local Best Buy weekly ad this morning that the Sims Store card... well... you pay $10 and get, I think 500 pts. If that's the case... I'll be pissed!

I always thought it was $10 = 1000 sim points. Could you upload a picture of the flier to confirm this? I can't find anything online about it. However, I did look in the forums and saw that Best Buy is selling the $10 Sims 3 cash cards for the store for $5 up until June 6th.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/311.page

So this would be (I think) 1000 points for only $5. These are prices I find more acceptable... If $10 indeed equals 1000 Sims Points, I just might go out and buy a few to stock up and use them until the mesh creators can figure the game out. The prices otherwise are just too high.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 4:23 AM
That's really fantastic for all of you guys in US or Canada, but annoying for us here in Aus. Ggrr on EA for overlooking us. Ggrr I say! But yay for you guys!
Field Researcher
#82 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by a-wenzel
I always thought it was $10 = 1000 sim points. Could you upload a picture of the flier to confirm this? I can't find anything online about it. However, I did look in the forums and saw that Best Buy is selling the $10 Sims 3 cash cards for the store for $5 up until June 6th.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/311.page

So this would be (I think) 1000 points for only $5. These are prices I find more acceptable... If $10 indeed equals 1000 Sims Points, I just might go out and buy a few to stock up and use them until the mesh creators can figure the game out. The prices otherwise are just too high.

Well, it might depend on where you are as to what's on sale this week, and what the weekly ad looks like, but I'd say go to www.bestbuy.com and click on "weekly ad" up at the top. Then type in your zip code, and it should bring up your local ad (which may be different from mine)
Theorist
#83 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:13 AM
What? I thought it was supposed to be 1000 points per card! That would make more sense to me. If that's true then that really is a ripoff.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 1st Jun 2009 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
They sound a bit like wow cards...but for sim points.

lol maybe they stole the idea. But I think its just a cheapo way for them to push their store goods rather than promoting mods or making multiple "stuff" packs.
Page 4 of 4