Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 8:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Apartment Life
Default How do I have my sim eat the fish he caught?
I'm doing this survival thing, and the only food he is able to eat is what he grows, and what he catches.

He is on the brink of starvation, and he finally caught a bass. I gave him a grill, but the option to cook the fish wasn't there.

I gave him a fridge and stocked the fish in the fridge. Neither the fridge or the grill give the option to cook the fish.

I used cheats to completely max out his cooking skill to see if that would help.

He still isn't able to cook the bass.

I'm sorry if this is such a simple question with an obvious answer, but I can't figure it out to save my life (his life actually).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:04 PM
I think on community lots sims can grill fish from inventory, but on residential lots, they require a counter on which to prepare the meal before putting it on the grill. So if there's no counter, that's your missing piece.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:06 PM
Which grill do you have?

For future reference, the Help forum is more for tech help and troubleshooting. There's a "Stupid/Random Questions" thread in Sims2 Discussion/Popular Threads that's good for this kind of one-off gameplay question. Also, have you looked in the Seasons section of the Gameplay FAQ?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:08 PM
Thank you so much Darby!! That was it. Thank you! I was at my wits end trying to figure it out.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:10 PM
Peni
Oh, I'm sorry. Thank you for informing me. I'll be sure to post any more questions like this one in the "stupid/Random Questions" thread.
Locked thread | Locked by: julianarosalia Reason: solved