Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2017 at 2:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Need help exporting world
I tried to edit a world (st. Claire) for personal use, so that I could add a university lot. I couldn't fit it using the in-game map editor, so I did it in CAW. Then, CAW being CAW (nice to see that things do not change), it refuses to export the map. I tried all the usual tricks: deleting all caches, removing the mod folder, putting the world file on the desktop, trying to export without opning the world first, even rebooting the computer and then trying to export as the first thing. One of those usually helped, this time nothing goes. Is there anything else I missed? As an alternative, can I ask someone to try and export it for me, please?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:02 PM
What error message do you get? Can you export any other world?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th May 2017 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vincent T.
What error message do you get? Can you export any other world?

The message is the usual "export failed". The world has a name, a description and a miniature, I made sure that there are no punctuation marks in the title, and everything.
I did not try exporting anything else this time, I did export other worlds last time I played Sims 3, years ago. I'll try to make something up and see if it exports.

EDIT: nope, it won't export another map either.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 25th May 2017 at 10:55 PM
Move DCBackup and DCCache to desktop - export world - then return the 2 folders back where you got them from. It's the only way I've ever been able to export a world. Hope this helps! Good Luck.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2017 at 8:21 AM
Sorry if I didn't answer, I got frustrated after a dozen failed tries and left it for a while. It seems that magic happened in the meantime, because I tried agan today, and the world got exported without complains. I'll never understand what's going on in CAW, still the important point is that I can finally play. Thanks everybody!