Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
Jonesi, are you sure for reflexsims outdoor/build ? I dont see it in the main site.

yes patul. i've asked teko about that before and he said ok. so i've uploaded them in my lots with credits.

by the way, thanks a lot for the useful list :lovestruc

<3
nattie
Advertisement
Mistress of architectural mishaps
retired moderator
#52 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 10:13 PM
Heya Patul, you might want to wipe MuranoMobilia off the list... Teko has moved all his toys to TSR and is now pay

Retired from Simming
Mad Poster
#53 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 5:31 AM
Yeah, I was shocked to realise what nengi said the another day.
But, I still have the free versions .
The shader source appears the same as the old one tho.
retired moderator
#54 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:12 PM
niol, I was quite shocked too as I really liked his creations... oh well.
I have a new site to add to the list:
Isle of Maltha
by maltha002 (used to be a creator on MTS2) and fido

Retired from Simming
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#55 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:53 AM
Policies Policies are driving me INSANE
Mmmk. This is really springs to mind as I am trying to *clean up* two lots I want to upload here. And as we know - I like a *detailed* community lot. Well, its a bloody nightmare.

The attachment. I thought you might find all these attached text & screen shotted policies to fill in some holes in the list and save you searching the sites themselves. I have been collecting them for ages just don't have the time to make a list etc. Hopefully you can add some sites to the list =)

Now my wishes as a lot builder -

:I WISH mesh creators could include a policy line in their object (OM @ avalon does - I LOVE it) - cut and paste people!

:Its all very nice that we push the free sites (I am the original paysite h8ter) - but I don't see the point in making free stuff and not allowing it to be shared freely. Sims 2 community is still far from being a *free gaming* community as other games are. If people are going to *steal* stuff they are going to do it no matter what a policy says about sharing. (I am not including hacked/changed items or items that need instructions here)

:Creator Codex - its great - if you didn't have to refer back for EVERY item - surely the Code could be recreated in the file description somehow.

:Creators that change their policy. As far as I am concerned, if I download an item in good faith with the policy that I can share it in lots - I am going to continue doing that even if the Creator then decides to dump said creations on a paysite. Honestly that just blows - and also explains why some won't put a policy on items =P

:If making pay items can be interpreted as wrong - then basically so can making not share friendly items. After all without the game they wouldn't be making the item, therefore the items are really the property of Maxis and its file system - and Maxis have a very friendly share policy

: Don't get me started on walls,floors,terrains and Maxis recolours that you can't redistribute. Thats just total arse there =P

OK rant over - and before some object creator decides to blast me - I appreciate how difficult object making is believe me - but I take just as much care and a lot a LOT of time building my lots - but I also now take even more time administrating it

kk think I need a or maybe a
Attached files:
File Type: rar  policy.rar (6.00 MB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Top Secret Researcher
#56 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 5:48 AM
Loverat --
I share your pain. I love how OM does hers too! (In addition to loving everything she makes -- the crew at Avalon are so talented.) At an absolute minimum, I wish people would make their file names identifiable.

In one way, I'm sort of glad not everyone allows sharing. I have over 6 Gb of CC -- all of it shareable. Can you imagine how many huge drives I would need if everything became shareable?

The codex is a good thought, but if people allow sharing of some, but not all of the free content on their site, it can become a real nightmare. I prefer a nice, easy to understand blanket policy.

Thanks for the list. I've been thinking of pulling something similar together, but it is more fun to sim.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
retired moderator
#57 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 7:40 AM
Loverat,
you are soooo right about all you've said Personnally I've become so stubborn that I only have 'share friendly' items in my downloads now. If I can't share it in lots - I simply don't need it!
I just wish (some) people would not go and change their policies every other day...LOL

Retired from Simming
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 8:34 AM
I aggree with you loverat,bluetexasbonnie and nengi, this was also the purpose of this list : promote free and friendly sites.

I have since months the same user policy as nengi and bluetexas : not free AND sharable => not dowloaded even for my game only download folder.
Policy are sometimes a nightmare to find, For some of them I must mail the site owners to ask them to tell me and to add a text with their policy if possible.
Make sure that I continue to push the community to be more friendly here and on other sites with my little contributions.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
retired moderator
#59 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 4:03 PM
Lol nengi - I considered burning it all to dvd and uninstalling - but it gives me pleasure to make lots - I am sure all of us here on this thread feel that way =)

And yes with the share-friendly only sort out! Last night I removed 800 unsigned wallpapers and about 300 floors so at least that part is totally sorted out. All the sites/creators I know are now in a share-friendly folder, the definite non-share ones are in another (and yep if I dont have that stuff in my game I will make do with something else!) That leaves a folder absolutely stuffed full of my no-policy creators and sites that must be sorted. Honestly if it wasn't for the Compressorizer I would be in HUGE trouble lol.

The hardest part is for sites that are gone and I didn't get a policy and creators who make one or two great things then you never see them again =( Maybe we will have to have a *if they havent stated in profile or post about a policy AND they haven't been on MTS2 for a year* we can share!

I am such the greedy downloader!

Ooooh and and, I am still testing out a plan that may (I really hope) make the terrain flashing problems non-existent. Doing more testing and I will post it in the Build section. Cross fingers, legs, horns an' everythang!

Hmmm its 1am - must be time to change policies :D

retired moderator
#60 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Loverat

Hmmm its 1am - must be time to change policies :D

Hehehe.... Yep!

Patul, Nofrena @ Wood for Sims allows her free sims 2 objects in Lots:
http://www.woodforsims.de/html/help8.html

Retired from Simming
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 9:37 PM Last edited by patul : 26th Aug 2007 at 9:43 PM.
Nengi
"I allow to show pictures of houses with WoodClub objects, but I don’t allow to offer houses for Sims2 with WoodClub objects inside."

There is a change ?

Sorry but, if I know it is not an official list , I known that one day I will make a mistake and it will be my fault... I perfer verify the most I can.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
retired moderator
#62 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
"I allow to show pictures of houses with WoodClub objects, but I don’t allow to offer houses for Sims2 with WoodClub objects inside."

The WoodClub objects are her pay stuff, this is what she writes further down:

"The only exception: I allow to offer Sims2 houses with my free Sims2 objects (exclusive in houses!) - but only with a credit."

see here:
http://www.woodforsims.de/html/help8.html

Retired from Simming
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 6:03 PM
Patul, SMB (Sims Mod Board) site has closed. Some of the creators' links are to pc-sims, which is the same thing.

(I hope it is OK to say that, I mean no harm.)

I was going to start eating all natural foods, until I heard of all these people dying of natural causes.
My other favorite website, www.SimSafe2.com, I'm Petunia Mae Witherbottom there.
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 12:57 AM
Hey Patul ,you may add me to the list since i allow everything to be shared with lots ;-)

Cheers :-P

You will find my older and newest creations here
retired moderator
#65 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 3:45 AM
Default Groovy
New Site Upload Friendliness 10/10 =) Fairy Forest - Treasure Chest for the Sims2 - German and English

Fairy Forest (english version)

policy on uploads: Policy page

You are allowed to upload downloads from this site included in your lots to the Sims2Exchange, if you give credit to this site.
Only exception: do not upload the objects from the "Downloads for a good purpose"-project. Do not redistribute my original creations on your own site - please link back to me.

Lab Assistant
#66 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 11:54 AM
Does anyone knows the policy about Aimoss's things and Miette's here at MTS2. I would love to know if i can use and package their creations in my Charmed manor But they seem unreachable for asking so i wondered if anyone here knows?
Instructor
#67 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 8:27 PM
My site, Mellisenda's Sims 2, is File Share Friendly and free if you would like to add it to your list, Patul.

Melissa
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 11:53 PM
Thank you. I particularly liked the white Sweet dreams nursery. It looks so fresh and pretty.

It would be really nice if you would add a statement of your policy to your website. (Hint, hint.) A year from now I'm going to be wondering how I decided to put your things in my 'okay to upload' download folder.

Retired from the Sims world. Please continue to enjoy my creations. Thank you to everyone who helped -- by either giving me the tools and knowledge to create or by encouraging me & downloading my creations. The Sims community is the BEST!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#69 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 8:39 AM
Mellisendella, as wrote bluetexas, add your policy about uploaded sims and lots somewhere in your site ... your post here is the single policy we have.

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Field Researcher
#70 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 4:09 PM
Can I be a nuscience and make couple of correction notes for us? Yes we do allow our walls, floors, terrains and furniture recolours to be posted in any free house, but our new mesh furniture is also distributable in *any* house, free or pay.

Some other stuff is specific to different artists, a lot of our RA's are very anti-pay site, however I'm personally not, so all my stuff can be re-used for pay content with credit but without prior permission. Details are here:-
http://www.parsimonious.org/faq/4a.shtml
But the perpetually confused are welcome to bug me with questions at any point!

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 11:56 PM
I love all of the things at Parsimonious and really appreciate the generous share policy.

Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 1:15 AM
does anyone know what to do if your house is too big to upload on modthesim2?? please

"I say he's the messiah and I should know I've followed a few" - Monty Python's The Life of Brian

if you want the whole Rivendell click http://www.pagii.com/@19925/24243
Alchemist
#73 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dolly14
does anyone know what to do if your house is too big to upload on modthesim2?? please

The size limit is 10 mb per file for uploading.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Alchemist
#74 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 9:28 AM
Hi Patul
here another site with a friendly sharing policy, even if by now most of the meshes are by other creators so it's necessary to check their own policy. I've checked and many - but not all - of these creators are known for their good policy.
The site is "young" so there's no big amount of files, mainly very good recolors, but I'll check later.

the link
http://seriouslyamusedsims.com/index.html

the statement
"What is the policy for using the files on this site?
Houses - Please do not upload houses to the exchange. Please do not upload them to another site and claim they are your own creation.

Recolors - You are free to use the recolors available on this site in your lot packages and exchange them freely. These recolors must remain free. If you use them in a lot that will be a pay file, please direct downloaders back to this site so they can download the needed files for free. Credit is always appreciated, but not needed.

Meshes - At this point, all meshes available on this site are made by other creators. In many cases, we have been given written permission to use their meshes in our creations. Please check their read-me files or sites to view their individual policies on useage of their mesh files. Our free use policy does not extend to their meshes.

Is Seriously Amused Sims a file-share friendly site?
Yes. Feel free to share our files via email or instant message programs. We are both proud members of Neighborhood 99 and encourage file sharing through their POBS, but you are free to exchange elsewhere as needed."

Kiss and ciao
retired moderator
#75 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 10:32 AM Last edited by nengi65 : 27th Sep 2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: added 1 more link
I stumbled across another wonderful site with a fsf policy:

Moune's Neighbourhood

Quote:
What can I do with the files?
You can do pretty much everything. Recolor, clone, upload, share, use in houses for download, whatever. I only impose two conditions:
1) That none of my files are used as pay or donation items or as part of pay or donation items. This also includes recolors and clones of my meshes - even clones of clones.
2) If you upload any of my files to your own or another site, please credit Moune999 as the creator. The same goes for recolors or clones of my meshes. And please remember, NO hotlinking to my site.

and another (good day for fsf sites today )

Sims Kitchen

and Sirona Sims (corvidophile's site)

Quote:
Terms of use
General:

You may not modify/recolor/clone any of my files unless i have given permission.You may not upload them at paysites!

As long as credit is given :

New meshes:
You may recolor and upload your recolors at any free site but you must link back here for the mesh.

You may include in your lot creations.

Walls/Floors/Recolors:
You may include in your lot creations.

Bodyshop files ( eyeshadows, lipsticks, skintones e.t.c):
You may use them in shared sims.

Lots/Sims/Pets:
You may not re-upload anywhere or modify.

Retired from Simming
Page 3 of 5