Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:33 AM
Where can I get the Megahood at. I have Freetime, Seasons, OFB, Celebration,and Pets
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#27 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:52 AM
RoseGirl101, it's by HystericalParoxysm: Megahood requires Open for Business (for shopping districts), Seasons (for Riverblossom Hills), and Free Time (for Desiderata Valley). So, you should meet those requirements.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Inventor
#28 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:06 PM
LotSyncing my 3rd hood now. I think I really to start thinking about killing some families as time starts progressing. It's so much! I've never ever played strangetown before also. What the hell is up with all the graves at the Specter house, she a black widow or something?

I do really love seeing all EAxis hoods now. Wondering what weirdities I might encounter as I progress installing and playing them all for 1 day. It's gonna be hard to figure out which bloodlines to let die out. They all have interesting things going on. Maybe I should let them all go low on needs and aspiration from time to time and then have them fix things or walk outside in a thunderstorm, so they can die of natural causes... he he..
Inventor
#29 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by appelsapgodin
What the hell is up with all the graves at the Specter house, she a black widow or something?

Supposedly a serial killer if I'm remembering the story right. Although a few of the graves honestly are family--Olive's parents, her former husband (or just lover, not sure--either way he's apparently Nervous Subject's father), and Ophelia's parents. It was kind of funny, when I set up a seperate mausoleum for the family graves, and told her to go mourn husband/lover's (forgetting his name), she just shrugged and made a kind of "Meh, whatever" noise, so maybe there IS a small touch of black widow in there as well!
Also, the grave of Layla Grunt (the wife of General Buzz and mother of the Tank, Ripp, and Buck) is also there for some reason.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 6:32 PM
I found the download now how do I download the megahood. I tried the 1 rar file but it just opens a blank page. Can someone please help me?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
Olive's parents, her former husband (or just lover, not sure--either way he's apparently Nervous Subject's father), and Ophelia's parents.

Nervous Subject's father is the Grim Reaper.

Quote: Originally posted by anothereyjana
Also, the grave of Layla Grunt (the wife of General Buzz and mother of the Tank, Ripp, and Buck) is also there for some reason.

Lyla Grunt supposedly died on her lot while visiting.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#32 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:17 PM
Rosegirl, if you have a problem with a download on this site, please seek help via the Comments on the Download thread.

Quote: Originally posted by Nepheris
Sounds like everyone's having fun with their megahoods Do you guys play in rotation or just pick random households as you feel like?

Now that I have placed the bin families and played the Kat and Kim households to integrate them better in the neighborhood, I am house-hopping based on two criteria: who needs a little makeover (I really don't get the Sandra Roth look) and where is the story leading me? Aging the Sims only one day per week has removed all the pressures of time: I'm not even using smart milk to train the toddlers. Plenty of time to learn to walk. Once every house has been played once, I'll follow my usual method of playing the stories that interest me, then catching the less compelling households up to the sync.

Dirk Dreamer ought to be named Dirk McDreamy. All the girls are wild for him.
Inventor
#33 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sango_Uchiha
Nervous Subject's father is the Grim Reaper.

....? When I checked the family trees on mine, Nervous's didn't list a father, and Olive's said that it was that Spector guy...I'm not exactly sure what the origional story was supposed to be, so I'm not sure if my tree is glitched (or something like that) or not. Plus, I had heard that the Grim Reaper is actually a woman under that robe...or is this just another one of Strangetown's "mysterys," where it says that Mr. Spector is the father, but in a "twist" it's revealed that it's really Grim?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:32 AM
Inventor
#35 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:41 AM
Aaaw crap, that means there IS something wrong with my family tree...and usually when that happens, that means "upcoming hood implosion," and I haven't even finished setting things up yet!
I'd better double-check my megahood next time I play. Hopefully it was just a one-time glitch or that I was simply somehow reading the tree wrong....
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 4:13 AM Last edited by BlueJalepeno : 23rd Jul 2010 at 3:10 PM.
^
|
|

Dear user above me, while he is the grim reaper's son that is intentionally not shown on the family tree. Your tree is probably fine.

~~
Veronaville

Consort Capp was getting lonley living with just his 3 grandkids, and decided to ask Regan and Cornwall Capp to move in with him, into the renovated mansion. They agreed, and thus Regan became the heir to the Capp's fortune. She joined the buisness career field just as her father did, and after trying many times finally produced a daughter, Arwen Capp, who will continue the legacy. Consort has a special care for his grand-daughter, and they spend a lot of time together. He wants to brainwash-er, I mean, 'raise' Arwen to continue the family's feud, but Arwen just seems unamused by the idea, she is more influenced by the older girls (AKA Juliet and Hermia).

Speaking of which: Hermia Capp is still with Puck Summerdream, Tybalt Capp started an angsty relationship with Lillith Pleasant, while Juliet just doesn't think her relationship with Romeo will last now that he is moved away, and the are seperated by their families, but for now they are still 'going steady.' Hermia and Juliet are the best of friends and are both pursuing law enforcement, while Tybalt pursues music with Lillith.

Kent Capp married Erin Beaker, with whom he had (twins) Kelser and Emmeline, and is expecting a third. (It is one BLONDE family).

Tragically (This is Veronaville, after all, there has to be some loss!), Hal Capp suffered an unexpected death (thus saving the town from his aweful genetics that were to come-- I mean.. uh.. what? ). Now Albany and Gonriel only have three daughters, all of which are thriving.

Patrizio and Isabella Monty died, after remodeling their villa to a much larger size. Romeo and Mercutio Monty moved out (since Mercutio is of age), and are rooming together in their own place.

Bianca Monty is happily married to Ajay Loner, and a proud mother to Alka and Adri, their daughter and son. Against the wishes of her family, she is not raising them amidst the feud.

Antonio Monty went out and got with Natasha Una, he was selected the heir to the Monty legacy, and will pass that on to the child that he has with Natasha, which she is pregnant with. Benedick and Beatrice were to uninterested in hating Capps to continue the feud for him. Little does he know, I, on Natasha's behalf am going to name the child after some sort of cheese.

Titania and Oberon Summerdream officially got married, as they were both pregnant. He with alien twins, named Sirius and Linus. (They are super cute, as they are identical, but one has red hair and the other black.) Meanwhile Titania has not yet birthed the first biological child between Oberon and herself. I plan to fill their household to capacity with children, since they like them so much, and since Puck won't be home much longer.

What the future holds: although Romeo and Juliet will probably not end up together (What? He's a player!), I plan for Arwen Capp and to-be-named-after-a-cheese/Antonio's future son to be married. Which will be epic as currently each of them are the heirs to their family's legacies, and because Arwen has the 'Monty's' signature black hair while Antonio's son will possibly have the 'Capp's' signature red hair, from Natasha Una.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 10:18 AM
Right, I'm finally done with giving everyone makeovers, including the hoods

Lilith Pleasant and Dirk Dreamer broke up, as did Angela Pleasant and Dustin Broke, after Lilith's affair with Dustin was discovered. This lead to even more animosity between the Pleasant sisters, and what with both her sister and her parents slapping her around constantly, Lilith ran away. I got her back though because she's just too much fun, and turned her into a witch. She now spends her days tormenting her family with spells

Dirk Dreamer set his sights on Hermia Capp, after she broke up with Puck Summerdream. Puck is now together with Juliette Capp (I tend to use the buyable magic gypsy ball to figure out who has got the most attraction with who, and play relationships out according to that) and Romeo Monty is free to try and woo as many girls as he likes.

The Burbs got Lucy a little brother, Linus. Lucy seems to get along pretty well with Beau Broke, but I've always thought he seemed to play for the other team, I guess we'll see what happens there.

Nina Caliente and Abhijeet Cho hooked up and seem pretty happy together. She fell pregnant with twins, but seeing as they are both quite horrible parents; they got taken away by the social worker. I'm planning to have Nervous Subject adopt them, together with his boyfriend Gordon King. (There is no way I'm letting these two paddle around in my genepool).

Don Lothario and Dina Caliente got together. He's still scared of proposing to her, but he's been surprisingly faithful so far and doesn't even flirt around with any other girls.

Goneril and Albany Capp failed as parental units as well, and toddler Ariel got taken away. She was adopted by Regan and Cornwall Capp, who are trying to produce a kid of their own as well.

Pascal Curious gave birth to Cassiopeia. I manipulated that birth to have him have kids with my custom PT's, as the EAxis version is hideous. His brothers seem fairly interested in some of the Singles girls, but nothing definite yet.

Whoa long post
Scholar
#38 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 1:06 PM Last edited by Selly_2009 : 8th Jul 2010 at 8:16 PM. Reason: correcting typo
Update for the Goth house:

Thanks to a chance phone call to Cassandra who then called back and invited her over, Mortimer was reunited with Bella and they re-married. I then aged Bella up to elder so that the age gaps would make more sense! Alexander grew up to teen, but not before he managed to get his coveted A+ grade. He's now a Family sim, with the LTW of reaching Golden Anniversary. However, he still needs to find the girl of his dreams
Mortimer is aware that he isn't going to be around much longer, and has named Alexander the heir to the estate. However, unless Alex goes to Uni well before the end of his teenage years both his parents will have died by the time he returns. To this end Mortimer has requested that Cassandra looks after the house while Alex is away.
Cassandra is still engaged to Don Lothario but I'm still hoping for a "better" hubby for her. She's not being particularly helpful though - hasn't brought ANYONE home from work yet! Bella did bring a very strange fellow home with her, but Cassandra (or me for that matter) didn't like the look of him... oh well, there's still time.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Forum Resident
#39 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:40 PM
I returned to my Uberhood after reading your stories in this thread Now I'm at Pleasantview giving makeovers and starting to play with all families in sync. I'm going to play only 1 sim-day with each family this cycle.

Broke: They moved to a new house and are still broke. Actually, Brandi had to sell some trees to buy Beau a bed. Beau grew up in platinum and has brown hair now.He looks cute. Dustin is working his relationship with Brandi and has long dreads now. Brandi got her first babybump and looks gorgeous after her makeover.

Dreamer: Darren and Dirk moved to a new house aswell, as I really hate their original house. Dirk is going to college later tonight, no doubt that Lilith is joining him there soon.I decided to keep them together, when realized that they actually have the best chemistry from all other teens.

I don't know what to do with Darren though. I still find him utterly boring! He has the best chemistry with Brandi,but I'm not going to let them get together. Cassandra on the other hand is propably going to end up with Don (since I have never made them a couple before) so Darren is going to stay single, unless I resurrect his wife.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Field Researcher
#40 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:31 PM
Ohhh this has me so interested. I was wanting to play this but then I saw the only required EP I have is OfB. :c
Anyone got one with just the three neighborhoods?
You guys have me so excited now it's not funny.

And I love the idea of Brandi having quads. XD
Inventor
#41 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 7:02 PM
There are tutorials on MATY (and possibly on this site as well--I haven't checked) for merging hoods yourself, so that way you could have your own Megahood with only OFB.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#42 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 7:41 PM
Tutorial for merging hoods: Tutorials:Combining Maxis Neighborhoodswiki <- perfect for anyone who wants to do this without Veronaville or Strangetown, or add them all as downtowns instead of shopping districts.

And an already merged OFB-only hood, by the original merger of 'hoods, SaraMK: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4274.0.html Strike that. Sara merged using Downtown as the base, so Nightlife is required.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:50 PM
Oh, I have only just started on my ubermegahood so far. I started with the Goths. Gave everyone makeovers, then made Cassandra dump Don. I have ACR, so I invited Bella and Dina over and saved. I watched for a while, but then my computer crashed. My Laptops battery is going Kapoot.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
Tutorial for merging hoods: Tutorials:Combining Maxis Neighborhoodswiki <- perfect for anyone who wants to do this without Veronaville or Strangetown, or add them all as downtowns instead of shopping districts.

And an already merged OFB-only hood, by the original merger of 'hoods, SaraMK: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,4274.0.html Strike that. Sara merged using Downtown as the base, so Nightlife is required.

I forgot to mention I have Nightlife, so that's an error on my part. ^^;;
Bless you for this Mangaroo. I'm playing this as soon as I get off the computer. x3
Inventor
#45 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DM was on fire!
I'm playing this as soon as I get off the computer. x3
You're confusing me here....
transmogrified
retired moderator
#46 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nepheris
Right, I'm finally done with giving everyone makeovers, including the hoods

How did you make over the hoods, Nepheris? Adding EAxis lots, renovating the buildings that were there, or building your own homes/community lots?

DM - I'm looking forward to your first megareports!

I'm playing with both Inteen and ACR installed (it's my first-ever time playing with Inteen), and I'm sorry to report that Antonio Monty has autonomously revealed himself to be a creepy teen stalker. He was mackin' on Tara DeBateau AND Hermia Capp at Patrizio Monty's villa. (Neither of their fathers were there, but I wish Inteen or ACR were sophisticated enough that if a dad saw anyone putting the moves on his daughter, he would become irate.)
Field Researcher
#47 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:51 PM
I haven't been wanting to play one of the Megahoods for ages, but it absolutely refuses to show up in game. Anyone know where I could for help regarding this?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:37 PM Last edited by hodsh1 : 8th Jul 2010 at 8:59 PM.
Quote:
Ohhh this has me so interested. I was wanting to play this but then I saw the only required EP I have is OfB. :c
Anyone got one with just the three neighborhoods?

Before the megahood was created I tried to recreate the neighbourhoods I wanted to add on as shopping districts - I literally drew plans of where all the houses and decorations were meant to go and everything although of course when I moved the lots with families in they lost their relationships but I didn't really mind. Also I couldn't be bothered after doing Strangetown and Riverblossom Hills (i got an auto clicker thingy to help me place all the trees lol) to do Veronaville and Belladonna Cove & Desiderata Valley's background stories didn't really interest me enough to recreate them either.

Overall though I've really enjoyed playing my megahood - I've been playing it for about a year or two and I havent really played any other neighbourhoods, there are so many sims in any Megahood! Right now I'm trying to reduce the number of sims and neighbourhoods because I have so many :S the birth rate and death rate are nowhere near equal.
Forum Resident
#49 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 8:55 PM
I started all over, because last night my game crashed when trying to enter a lot in BC. That's fine though, because now I can really start from scratch, install lot timers to all houses, randomize aspirations etc.

First I wanted to go to Pleasantview. As for Brokes and Dreamers I pretty much made the same makeovers as earlier. Brandi is now a knowledge-romance sim, Dustin is fortune-knowledge, Darren is fortune-popularity and Dirk got the exact same aspirations as his dad. I didn't do anything to Dusty's and Dirk's relationships with Pleasant-girls yet.

Caliente-gal's moved to a new home too. I changed Dina's hair brown (as always) etc. Both Dina and Nina look much better now. I think Dina stayed as fortune sim and got either popularity or knowledge as her secondary aspiration. (Online dice seem to want give the same thing to every sim ) Nina is knowledge-romance now. I think that I'm going to let Dina marry Mortimer, since I have never made them a couple either (just like Cass and Don). Not sure what is Ninas destiny. I'll use the Magic Ball to see who has the best chemistry with her.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Field Researcher
#50 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 6:50 PM
Pictures:
http://haruhitastic.livejournal.com/9125.html

Pleasantview:
Mary-Sue caught Daniel kissing Kaylynn and kicked him out of the house. Lilith cried, Angela smustled. Because Mary-Sue turned out so adorable when I redid her (link for the lazy), I'm going to make someone special just for her.
Don has stamina. He woohoo'd Dina and Nina all in the same day, and there's a good possibility I'll call Kaylynn over there.
Cassandra went to marry Don but their LTR had fallen too low (aka i boolProp'd it into the forties). He refused her marriage proposal and in turn she got into a fight with him and won.
The fate of Nina and Dina is currently unknown. I really can't be bothered to play anyone else. XD
Page 2 of 5