Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 8:53 AM Last edited by omglo : 10th Aug 2016 at 11:05 PM.
Default Solved-"Material Change on Non 3D object" - Error
I'm trying to change a subset's texture, but it keeps throwing this error. I'm not sure where to go from here. I've used the change material command in other projects without an issue. Any ideas?

Google brought up an old thread about OBJF, but it doesn't seem to apply to my object (cloned from the chimes statue). I'm almost at the point of cloning something else, but I decided to start this thread before throwing away all the work I've already put in.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 6:11 PM
Ohhh, I know I already replied to you on tumblr but I thought of something else:
In your object's main OBJD, in the Raw Data tab, under Mesh & Graphics, is 3D object type set to 1? If not, set it so. I know this influence whether an object can be animated; it may have to do with whether it can be subject to the Change Material function as well.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Aug 2016 at 11:05 PM
Hi, thanks to your help on tumblr, I got it to work.

If anyone else runs into this issue, I put a line before Change Material that set the Stack Object ID as the Stack Object's lead tile ID, and that fixed the error.