Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:09 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Old mods folder.
I looked in the FAQ before posting this, couldn't find anything and the official Sims 3 site just tell you how to make it. I wanted to know what to do with the old Mods folder, the one in My Computer/Program Files/Electronic Arts etc. Should I delete it, leave it, leave it but take out all the mods, what?

Grateful Downloader
-Jen
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:17 AM
The mods folder in your Program Files > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 should be deleted. The actual .packages can be moved to the Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 3 > ...

Make sure your mods are compatible with ambitions/the latest patch. Your resource.cfg file should be deleted/moved from the Program Files > Electronic Arts > Sims 3. It should be in the Documents bit (However EA instructed you to do it) AND you have to edit it.

I am pretty sure you can delete the dx___.dll (its name escapes me) from the Program Files > Electronic Arts > Sims 3. I did... and it's working fine...

Basically, old framework gone. New one in Documents folder. Move your cc/ mods over to use them
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:36 AM
Thank you so much, I thought I was gonna have to wait forever for a reply. Now I can play my game tonight, I was waiting to play, don't want it to crash on me.

Grateful Downloader
-Jen
Locked thread