Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2008 at 10:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time
Default Vista - HomecrafterPlus - Not opening - Not able to uninstall
Hey there all you good helping people,

Forgive me for my english, it isn't as good as it could be.
I've bought myself a copy of photoshop cs3 a copple of weeks ago so I could get started on creating objects for the sims2.
Adobe is working fine, the problem is with homecrafter plus.
I've read all the threads I could find and tried most of the sollutions posted, but a lot of things don't work. The Homecrafter does not show up in my programms list, so I can't delete it. I can find it however in my programfiles/EA games/Homecrafter map. When I dubbleclick nothing happens exept from a .mdmp file and a .txt file to show up. I've left my laptop alone for 2 hours, so Ive been very patiently, it just doesn't wanna run.
I've got ALL the expention packs except from Bon Voiage. I also have all the assecoire packs. I have tried to download a new bodyshop, but even the installfile doesn't do anything. I can unrar it, but dubbleclicking setup has no effect.

Maybe I sound like some kinda freek with a broken laptop, but usually everything works perfectly smoothly.. This time it's another story Im afraid.

I don't know what to do anymore.. Bodyshop runs normally, the 'run as..' is not an option I get, although I'm the administrator.. Help (without any ! )

Iris.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st May 2008 at 2:57 PM
Okay, well, first of all, don't try to get a new Body Shop. Body Shop comes with your game and works just fine if you use the right shortcut (i.e. for the newest expansion/stuff pack you have installed - not the one you've installed last, but the last one released, so if you have all the stuff packs you'll use the Body Shop shortcut under Kitchen and Bath Stuff).

There should be a folder under your Start menu for The Sims 2 Homecrafter Plus, and that will include an Uninstall shortcut there. Try uninstalling it, downloading a new copy, and reinstalling it. If that still doesn't work, can you please post that .txt file you mentioned here? It might have some error messages that will be clues to help you further.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st May 2008 at 6:05 PM
Thank you very much for answering.
The uninstall thing is actually the problem.
It doens't respond to uninstall aswell, as if nothing exists.
The only thing that changeis that in my taskmanager there will apear:
dllhost.exe
But that will disappear again in 3 seconds or so..

The text file says a lot. It start with
Exeption time: 05/21/2008, at 18:51:14.
Exception code: 0xc0000005 (-1073741819) ACCES_VIOLATION
Current thread ID: 2636 (0x00000a4c).
Version information
Apllication/module path: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\De Sims 2 Homecrafter Plus\HCBIN\TS2HomeCraterPlus.exe
Appliation/module version name: The Sims 2 HomeCrafter Plus
Aplliation/module version: 1.0.0.988
System version: Windows NT 6.0
System memory: 2040 Megabytes total, 1268 Megabyts free
Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

Exception module: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\De Sims 2 Homecrafter Plus\HCBIN\TS2Homecrafterplus.exe
Exception adress: 0x00402d27. Section:offset: 0x01:0x00001d27

Then comes a lot of shit qabout registers and loaded modules, if you need that I could copy it aswell..

Thank you
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st May 2008 at 7:21 PM
Has anyone managed to get homecrafter plus to work successfully under Vista? irisnube, do you get the 'run as administrator' if you turn UAC on?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd May 2008 at 10:00 AM
I dont know what UAC means, but I do get run as administrator. Even when doing that, nothing happens :-(.. Is it safe to just delete the entire map "HomecrafterPlus" instead of uninstalling the program? Because uninstalling isn't an option, he doesn't respong to uninstal.exe (or so) and it won't show up in my programs list.

Iris
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd May 2008 at 7:42 PM
UAC= user account control. Yes, if there is no uninstaller option you'll have to delete the files manually. You'll also need to delete the registry keys relating to Homecrafter- without looking I can't tell you exactly where they are but your best bet is to do a 'find> homecrafter' in regedit.