Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 11:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Default replacement eyes and aliens.
I recently noticed that even pure blood aliens in my game have normal sim eyes instead of black insect like-orbs. I'm using default eye replacement by Kurasoberina ...I don't want to trade them to another ones,so I'm searching for a possible way to edit them smh? I mean,add black sclera for alien state? I have no idea how it works,that's why I'm here . Does someone know how to solve this problem with alien eyes? Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 1:21 PM
As far as I know the alien eyes are a visual effect, an overlay, that is applied to aliens after they appear in a world. Underneath their eyes are like any other Sim's. So, in theory default replacement eyes should not have any consequences on aliens.
Are these aliens that live in your world, in a house, as residents? Or are you meaning the aliens who come to visit once in a while and appeared greyed out in the relationship panel? Do they miss their black eye colour also when you see them in game or only in the relationship panel?
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 7:15 PM
Do you have Buhudain's aWT Eyeball Cross-eyed Issue Fixed, the Simskin (slider compatible) version?

I've discovered that it incidentally removes the eyes overlays for aliens, as well as werewolves and vampires.

It's a matter of choice if you prefer to keep the original eyes or use alien contacts, such as those contacts by pyxiidis or those by brntwaffles that I paste on all EA's aliens when I see them with MasterController's Edit on CAS.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
As far as I know the alien eyes are a visual effect, an overlay, that is applied to aliens after they appear in a world. Underneath their eyes are like any other Sim's. So, in theory default replacement eyes should not have any consequences on aliens.
Are these aliens that live in your world, in a house, as residents? Or are you meaning the aliens who come to visit once in a while and appeared greyed out in the relationship panel? Do they miss their black eye colour also when you see them in game or only in the relationship panel?

They do not *technically* live in the world I'm currently playing. You know...they come from outerspace kinda. Those who come at night do have normal sim eyeballs and recently after one of my male sims got abducted ,gave birth to an alien with normall looking eyes (and I know that usually sim+abduction=pure blood alien) I started to wonder why this is happening. Also,I tried to see if this issue continued to irk me if I started a new save,so I spawned one green guy and the problem was still there. In relationship panel they do not have black sclera as well.