Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 5:00 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Help with graphics card not being recognized
Hello!

I was really looking forward to playing sims today, but then my computer updated and it reset my whole game. Now I am having trouble with the game not reading my graphics card. I have looked at other threads for how to do this but have been unsuccessful. It would mean so much if someone could help me fix this problem

=== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor: NVIDIA
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1401, Board: 29633842, Chipset: 00a1
Driver: nvd3dum.dll, Version: 10.18.13.5354, GUID: D7B71E3E-5741-11CF-184F-6E091CC2C735
Driver version: 5354
Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
Texture memory: 32MB <<OVERRIDE>>
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 1
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 12:09 PM
I went to that tutorial and it did not work. I tried it many times and then some and it still did not change anything. Can someone please help I am so deeply confused.
Site Helper
#4 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 6:17 PM
If you are not using a GTX 970 card, you're going to need to adapt the instructions in that link to fit the card you have.

It does tell you how to adapt it, but it's kind of buried in it.

Open deviceconfig
Find the line that says "Chipset" and look for "Device" on that line. It is 13C2 for the GTX 970 in the example (in step 8) but it will probably be different for you. This is the number you need to use when following the tutorial. Write it down somewhere, and then start with step 1.

At least that is my impression of how to adapt it. I'm sure @Nitromon will tell me if I'm wrong.

Edit: If you still have trouble, post here with your graphics card and hopefully someone can help you figure out what's wrong.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 9:16 PM
Yes I know I actually have it listed above in my first post, but it didn't work even when I put in the right numbers.
Instructor
#6 Old 11th Dec 2016 at 11:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dvds12
Yes I know I actually have it listed above in my first post, but it didn't work even when I put in the right numbers.

According to this:

Quote:
Chipset: Vendor: 10de, Device: 1401, Board: 29633842, Chipset: 00a1

Your graphic card is an Asus GTX960

The only thing it wouldn't work, if you added your card to the list in GraphicCards.sgr file, if you did that you'll need to remove it first or replace your GraphicCards,.sgr with the unedited one from your backup, you only need to replace one that already exists in the list, only replace the last 4 digits Device ID, the one that would match your GTX960 will be the GTX460 in the list (as the other GTX x60m are match for laptop), open your GraphicCards.sgr with notepad and find this line:

Quote:
card 0x0e22 "GeForce GTX 460"

replace the 0e22 with 1401 (last 4 digits of your graphic card), don't change anything else, save it, then restart your TS3..

If you need complete tutorial click here and go to the GraphicCards.sgr (under spoiler)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Dec 2016 at 1:40 AM
I figured it out so all is good!