Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 11:59 AM Last edited by xPennyxTallyx : 22nd Jul 2014 at 6:08 PM. Reason: In wrong category
Default A Mini Homeless Legacy
Homeless Challenge

I'm aware there are many variations of this challenge, but this is the way that I personally like to play this challenge. Anyway... Onwards!

Each generation starts when the children become YA. You can only earn money using what is listed in the May section. The challenge is over when the children of Generation 5 are YA. Any lifespan is useable.

Want to make it harder? Money-wise? Check the new Optional Challenges at the end of the post (More will be added on if liked)

Generation 1 – Kicked Out!

Your mother kicked you out of your childhood home leaving you on the streets, claiming you were cold-hearted and hateful... A bit hypocritical but true. Your father who cared about you more than your mother gave you his old sleeping bag with $100 hidden inside, and told you that the fire station was usually open for the homeless during colder weather. He wished you luck and apologised for not being able to help you further.

Must

- Start out as a Female YA.
- Live on an empty lot, using community lot facilities
- Cancel newspapers
- Founder must be an Adult before any 'accidental' kids happen.
- Set funds to $100
- Not have a job
- Not marry or have a partner move in
- Have negative traits (Dislikes Children, Hates the Outdoors, Insane...)

May

- Plant some fruit/veggies (5 Plants Max.)
- Live off of community/residential gardens
- Have a Tent

Never

- Use taxis (a cheap Bicycle can be bought for them)
- Use any Service
- Build a house or any shelter (Igloos are an exception, if you have Seasons)
- Have electrical items (TV, Alarms...)
- Have any sort of plumbing
- Have non-portable items
- Use computers to write
- Have Pets

Generation 2 – Poverty

Your only parent was a deadbeat and you are clueless as to who your father is. You've sworn that you'll never have kids while living in this poverty, if you even get out of it.

Must

- Not get a job (Still homeless)
- Not marry (You can have a relationship though)
- No 'accidents' until Adult years
- Continue to live on the empty lot
- Not move in with partner

May

- Go to library and use the computers to write (Maximum Writing Level 5 and a maximum of 3 books)
- Have a pet (No hunting/competitions/selling)
- Continue to Garden (10 plants Max.)

Never

- Use any Service
- Build a house or any shelter (Igloos are an exception, if you have Seasons)
- Have any sort of plumbing
- Have non-portable items

Generation 3 – Shabby Shacks.

Your father did all that he could for you, his meagre book royalties were kept stuffed in the bottom of his sleeping bag and left to build up. He tells you that he wants to use it to either build a shelter of your own or continue to add to it and get a house. You told him you would build a small shelter with the money where they both could stay, but unfortunately he died during the night.

Must

- Build a small shack that is 6 by 3 squares
- Not get a job
- Have 1 plumbing item (No more)

May

- Use library computers to write (Maximum writing Level 5, Maximum Books 4)
- Buy an easel to paint (Maximum painting Level 3, Maximum paintings 4)
- Move in partner (Partner cannot work)
- Use cats and dogs for hunting (Only 1 Pet can hunt)
- Continue to garden (Maximum 15 plants)

Never

- Use any Service

Generation 4 – Work

Your parents little shack was finally recognised as a small (miniature) home by the local council, this means that you can be the first person to work in your family in years, according to your parents the last 3 generations of your family were incapable of working because they were homeless.

Must

- Add rooms to the shack
- Get a part/full time job

May

- Use library computers to write (Maximum Writing Level 7, Maximum 5 books)
- Buy an easel to paint (Maximum Painting Level 5, Maximum 4 Paintings)
- Use cats and dogs for hunting (Only 1 pet can hunt)
- Continue to garden (Maximum 20 Plants)
- Have 2 electrical Items
- Have 3 plumbing items
- Get a cheap car

Never

- Use any Service

Generation 5 - A Family Home

Your family has finally broken free of the 'homeless' label, but you are now stuck in the 'Poor' label. Time to break free of this mould.

Must

- Work Full Time
- Upgrade House (I.e Swap furniture for better quality)
- Add a 2nd story to house

May

- Use library computers to write
- Buy an easel to paint
- Use cats and dogs for hunting
- Continue to garden
- Upgrade Car

Never

- Use any Service

Optional Challenges

- Only use one way to earn money per generation (E.g Generation 1 only earns money from fruit/veggie sales, Generation 2 can only sell fish etc...)
- Fulfil everyone's LTW
- Use fertility treatment on all sims
- Donate $100 every Monday
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 7:36 PM
Any Questions?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Jul 2014 at 9:49 PM
You were pretty clear. This seems like fun, but it might take some time. I may do this for my YouTube channel after a while
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Jul 2014 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lop90804
You were pretty clear. This seems like fun, but it might take some time. I may do this for my YouTube channel after a while

Thanks. I just like to ensure I didn't leave any holes that the moderators may have missed.
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:08 AM
This is really detailed and looks really interesting. Gonna have a go, It's going to take a while though.. oh wells!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:21 AM
I never get around to starting what I finish, but I think I'm going to have to give this a try! Thanks for posting.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lop90804

Let me know if you do, I would be interested in seeing how others play this challenge
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 5:34 PM
I try to play like this to get a break from what I normally do but I might have to give this a go. Nice challenge.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NanaRee16
I try to play like this to get a break from what I normally do but I might have to give this a go. Nice challenge.

Thanks
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:03 PM
This does look like it might go too slow if you have the game set to a longer life stage. I might condense generation 2 and 3 to make it go a little faster, and do the rest as planned, but I'm definitely gonna give it a go. One question, if we have the junkyard mod from this site, can we use it so salvage some items? Maybe only on generation 3 or 4 so it's not too cheaty though, but I think it'd be fitting for a family like this.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
This does look like it might go too slow if you have the game set to a longer life stage. I might condense generation 2 and 3 to make it go a little faster, and do the rest as planned, but I'm definitely gonna give it a go. One question, if we have the junkyard mod from this site, can we use it so salvage some items? Maybe only on generation 3 or 4 so it's not too cheaty though, but I think it'd be fitting for a family like this.

I don't know of that mod, but as long as the items adhere to the rules for the generation I don't see why it would be a problem.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:35 PM
This sounds like a really fun challenge! I do have a question about building shelter. Once we're allowed to have a shelter, is it necessary that all of our possessions fit into it? Also, generation 3 has very specific shelter standards - is that all we're allowed to have? Or can we expand as we see fit? If so, when do we have to have the shelter by?

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NaeShelle
This sounds like a really fun challenge! I do have a question about building shelter. Once we're allowed to have a shelter, is it necessary that all of our possessions fit into it? Also, generation 3 has very specific shelter standards - is that all we're allowed to have? Or can we expand as we see fit? If so, when do we have to have the shelter by?

1) No it is not necessary for all you possessions to fit into you shelter.
2) You cannot expand your home past 6x3 until Gen 4.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Iugra
This is really detailed and looks really interesting. Gonna have a go, It's going to take a while though.. oh wells!

Thanks, have fun

"Fear is only in our minds. But it takes over all the time."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 6:16 PM
Hey guys, you should cross this with the dilute the ugly gene challenge. Funny looking homeless sims are rather funny to look at....

Test Subject
#16 Old 20th May 2015 at 7:59 PM
If my heir is a male ( my family only ever had boys ) Can I move in the partner for the duration of the pregnancy then kick them out again ? I want to be able to actually name my kids and it not have a really strange name.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pxnkaces
If my heir is a male ( my family only ever had boys ) Can I move in the partner for the duration of the pregnancy then kick them out again ? I want to be able to actually name my kids and it not have a really strange name.

Yes, as long as the mother is kicked out of the household after birth.