Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 5:49 AM
HELP how to get more than 4 playable families
Hello! IS there any possible way to get more than 4 of my sims families to move into the same apartment building? Is there any hack or mod or cheat which will let me? IS there a way to do this with SimPE?? Is there any way that I can make a mod myself (I have no idea how to but i can learn.....)? Can I request for this mod to be made from anyone/here? >.<
Thanks!!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 6:48 AM
No. Four is the top number of playable families the code allows in a single apartment building, and no one has yet hacked it.

Personally I don't build anything with more than four units for this reason. If it's vitally important to have more than four, what I would do is combine some of the households and design a complex in such a way that more than one plausible-looking unit lay behind a single apartment door - two units side-by-side on a shared hallway, said hallway accessed by a single unique-separator door. It'd be a certain amount of work to keep them from constantly using each other's kitchens, bathrooms, and beds; but since it quickly becomes nigh-impossible to keep out the real neighbors, anyway, in most apartments, it needn't be that big a deal.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 11:29 AM
Yeah, it's annoying. I had to knock down a wall and force two of my sims to live together when I wanted 5 playables in an apartment block.
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 3:29 PM
I haaaate that because so many people build units with more than four. And Maxis did too.

WHY? Why build more than four units IF YOU CAN ONLY HAVE FOUR.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 4:06 PM
You can only have four playable families, but the rest is filled up with townies. I know a lot of people don't like complexes with more than four, but I personally love the fact that my Sims are surrounded by townies of different sorts. Makes the game feel more realistic to me, and gives lots of opportunities for fun surprises.

For example, when my pleasure Sim Elna graduated she moved into a small apartment in the luxury apartment complex I have here on MTS. It has 12 units, and no other playables lived there. Turns out three of her townie friends that I graduated along with her moved in to some of the empty units. How awesome is that? They'd have autonomous hallway parties where they'd all just stand around and chat and joke around, and often I'd find them lounging in the hot tub on the roof or in the sauna. Other townies living there would join in, and before I knew it she had a whole heap of new friends. I had a blast playing her there, and I missed that social atmosphere when I moved her to a bigger apartment with only three neighbours.

Not saying it's not annoying we can't have however many playables we want in an apartment, just saying I'm glad people do build apartment complexes with more than four units because I personally love having townies around. Just wish townie households could be families, and not always a single sim

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 4:28 PM
Honestly, I'm halfway finished building a small apartment complex just so my townies actually have a place to live. Two I created myself, and then there is that one surprise townie (I'm still not sure where he came from...). There are only 3 townies in my neighborhood. I'm having a playable move into the complex because a house with him never really made sense.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 5:51 PM Last edited by maxon : 6th Feb 2017 at 6:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Honestly, I'm halfway finished building a small apartment complex just so my townies actually have a place to live. Two I created myself, and then there is that one surprise townie (I'm still not sure where he came from...). There are only 3 townies in my neighborhood. I'm having a playable move into the complex because a house with him never really made sense.

The game will generate apartment neighbours as soon as you have a playable move in - instantly more or less. So unless you have the townie-only neighbours hack, you will get apartment dwellers created even if you have the no regen hacks. If you immediately save and exit the lot once your new family has moved in (agreed to the lease but before you do anything else at all), you can move in another family without the game making another apartment neighbour. It will use the old one (that might be with the no regen hacks in your game). If you have several families to move in, it's a way to avoid too much apartment neighbour bloat.

OTOH
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
You can only have four playable families, but the rest is filled up with townies. I know a lot of people don't like complexes with more than four, but I personally love the fact that my Sims are surrounded by townies of different sorts. Makes the game feel more realistic to me, and gives lots of opportunities for fun surprises.

Did you know that if you use the townie only apartment neighbours hack that the game will use the townies you made last to populate the other apartments? It's how I got Marcus Puto (a nasty druggie boyfriend I invented for Christian Omala, to cause trouble for him, after his break up with Franklin Rockefeller) surrounded by feckless men in wife-beater vests and trollopy women in too much bling and smudgy make up in that horrible run down apartment block I made for him in Sirencester.

I'm just about to make an upmarket apartment block. For that, the posh townies already exist in game. So what I will do before I move anyone into the new apartments is add the posher townie residents to Jack Thompson's family (a sim I keep for this very sort of purpose) and then remake them into townies. This means, when I move my sim in, I will get posh neighbours.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 5:58 PM
I usually have more than 4 units in my apartments to make them more lively and realistic. The units that are intended for playable families are fully made, and the units that serve just for generation of NPCs are just enclosed 1x1 space with apartment divider (with a lot of leftover space behind it). This strategy comes into play even more when you have community lot on the apartment (this is a mod btw).
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 9:58 PM
One idea to create "blocks" with more than four families would be to use the lotadjuster and the rowhouse technique. I made some long blocks of flats with four floors that way. You could even get really creative and use the stacked lot technique, but it's more complicated.

I don't mind not being able to have more than four. I have townie neighbours too. I would find it boring to have too many identical houses and I like the illusion that the place is fully occupied.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 11:43 PM
It's because I made an apartment building with at least 15 apartments added to it. As I was adding the 5th family, I finally find out that I cannot have more than 4 :<
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I usually have more than 4 units in my apartments to make them more lively and realistic. The units that are intended for playable families are fully made, and the units that serve just for generation of NPCs are just enclosed 1x1 space with apartment divider (with a lot of leftover space behind it). This strategy comes into play even more when you have community lot on the apartment (this is a mod btw).

Don't you get starving, stinky townies if they don't have need filling stuff in their apartments?
Scholar
#12 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Don't you get starving, stinky townies if they don't have need filling stuff in their apartments?

I think it only happens when you have Pescado’s apthack installed.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 12:22 PM
Yeah, both townies and roommates get all of their needs up when they come back from work... and all apartment townies have jobs.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 2:31 PM
Yes, without apthack the townie-occupied apartments just have magical need refilling properties.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...