Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 5:27 AM Last edited by Srikandi : 3rd Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM.
Default Granthes's Custom Content Fix for PETS [plus BED FIX]
Grant has uploaded on his forum a tool that fixes the rig issues with objects in Pets. He's looking for testers.

Edit: Replaced original link with current link... this tool can now be found at http://sims3.the-prof.net/2014/08/rigfix/ .
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 5:28 AM
Good ol Grant! I wonder if this program could, potentially, maybe have the capability of fixing sim3packs?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 1:31 PM
Default Rig Fix
I have used it on merged package files and now my chairs/ tables/beds work I have only just started testing as I have a lot of files it is looking good for packages.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 8:48 PM
Tested it on my online pharmacy stuff. It worked. Now I'm updating the dl.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:03 AM
Can it do a batch fix?
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blakegriplingph
Can it do a batch fix?

Yup. Drag n drop as many files as you like (.package only).
Instructor
#7 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:11 PM
On fixing my stuff now - Thansk for this little program
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Yup. Drag n drop as many files as you like (.package only).

Thanks. Do I need to apply it on objects only, or are Sim body parts subject to rig conversion?
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 7:44 PM
Thanks. Do I need to apply it on objects only, or are Sim body parts subject to rig conversion?

Objects only. Not sure WHAT would happen if you tried it on a Sim part.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 8:13 PM
I'd assume it would simply leave the cas content untouched.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 8:21 PM

While I haven't looked extensively, I have yet to see a CASPart object that contains a rig. In this case, Inge is correct, the package would not be modified at all.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:40 AM
Fixed my window, barrel o' fire, and mailbox, all with custom rigs. *is overjoyed
TY

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 8:35 AM Last edited by blakegriplingph : 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:37 PM.
What about cellphones? It seems like my phone mod doesn't show up ingame after patching to 1.26.

EDIT: Nvm, recloning the phone did the trick, although I'd like to know if it is possible do just apply a rig fix to it instead of reimporting things.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:56 PM
Tut from Grant on manually fixing beds: http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/in...25.html#msg2225
Alchemist
#15 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 1:13 AM
The bed fix works like a charm...easy too

Ty Grant
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 3:09 PM
Can someone tell me how to use the program, i tried just draging and dropping, but the program kinda just quit on me. i dont know where to put all the other files that come in the zip, im srry if im bothering anyone, i just dont know where to start....
Alchemist
#17 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tweetyilliam
Can someone tell me how to use the program, i tried just draging and dropping, but the program kinda just quit on me. i dont know where to put all the other files that come in the zip, im srry if im bothering anyone, i just dont know where to start....
Open up the zip file and put all the files in it into a folder.

Right click on the line that says RigFix.exe and select Create shortcut.

Put the shortcut that gets created on your desktop.

Drag and drop the .package files you want to fix on top of the shortcut you've placed on your desktop.

That's all there is to it
Forum Resident
#18 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 10:59 PM
Is there any tutorials on fixing the bath tubs? Sorry to ask after he did so much already.

I have all my CC combined with his launcher version 2, so will I have to go through the packages contents in order to find every bathtub I downloaded?
Instructor
#19 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 12:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
Is there any tutorials on fixing the bath tubs? Sorry to ask after he did so much already.

I have all my CC combined with his launcher version 2, so will I have to go through the packages contents in order to find every bathtub I downloaded?

If you have launcher v2, you can go into the <documents>\Electronic Arts\Custom Launcher\Content\Packages folder and find all of the CC files. It keeps them separate so it can rebuild if add or remove packages.

As far as the bathtubs, there is a post in this thread that contains the changes. The Bed tutorial explains how to get to the right section in s3pe, then use those slots and routes to make the tub complete.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Forum Resident
#20 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 12:48 AM
Thank you, granthes.
Hopefully I can figure out which of those files are bathtubs and which ones are just regular objects.
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 7:11 AM
So, I always merge my CC together, manually. However, I do have the individual files. I just finished running them through this Granthes' prog (thanks so much for this, by the way!).

Would I now recombine the packages WITH the new .bak files given by his program. Or would I just package the .package files because they are now altered?
Alchemist
#22 Old 26th Nov 2011 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ehoney7
So, I always merge my CC together, manually. However, I do have the individual files. I just finished running them through this Granthes' prog (thanks so much for this, by the way!).

Would I now recombine the packages WITH the new .bak files given by his program. Or would I just package the .package files because they are now altered?
The .bak is just a backup file. There's some discussion about working with merged custom content using this tool in the download thread for it here:

http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/in....0.html#msg1995 in posts 9-11. And in the same thread at post 29 Grant says how to handle the .bak files. Hope that helps
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Nov 2011 at 10:08 PM
Hey guys, a little help here pretty please...

Okay so the problem I'm having is when I click on the .exe file, a black cmd prompt window flashes and then nothing...just nothing. I even tried using the TSR version and I don't get the granny2.dll pop up so what do I do now? Most of my game is CC which makes playing now impossible :'(

Smile,
Crystal
Alchemist
#24 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xmommyx
Hey guys, a little help here pretty please...

Okay so the problem I'm having is when I click on the .exe file, a black cmd prompt window flashes and then nothing...just nothing. I even tried using the TSR version and I don't get the granny2.dll pop up so what do I do now? Most of my game is CC which makes playing now impossible :'(

Smile,
Crystal
The black command prompt window showing means the tool is working. It should say something like Correcting and then list the items you ran through it with all the parts it looked at. Run your custom content through it and try it in game. If it didn't work you're best off posting at the link Sri provided for more help...but it should be just fine.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:00 PM
I have another quick question.

I know that the RIG fix cannot fix beds and bathtubs and they need to be fixed manually. But what about cribs? Would those fall under the same category as beds and need to be fix the same way? Or will I be able to use the RIG fix on it just like all my other CC?
Page 1 of 2