Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 8:05 PM
After installing the patch, my toddlers can only play with the toybox. I like my toddlers to skill build...so, this sucks. Also, the insiminator doesn't give the abort pregnancy option now. I really wish I had backed up my game. Live and learn.
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#52 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 8:50 PM
Has Insim posted anything about post patch compatibility? I was just thinking that if anything was going to be borked post-patch...that would be it. LOL :smash:

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sae sae
Huh...I didn't see terrain paints upon installing this patch, so I entered a lot to check if I just needed to re-save the lots first.

NOPE. All exposed ground is flashing blue, and I can't seem to paint any new terrain over the blue goo. I'm not sure if this is patch related or not- I was screwing around in SimPE trying to delete a bunch of townies, but uh... geez, who knows.

Edit: After more poking around, it looks like it only affected that one lot. Odd... I guess I will just rebuild it.

Did you delete any terrain paints before that? Missing terrain paints is what make a lot flash blue.By bringing them back to gaem you will solve the problem.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Instructor
#54 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by canoodle
Has Insim posted anything about post patch compatibility? I was just thinking that if anything was going to be borked post-patch...that would be it. LOL :smash:

I haven't seen anything yet....if anyone else does, please let me know.
#55 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 10:14 PM
Ha ha... My game crashed for the first time ever right after I installed the patch. Great fix Maxis.
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by corvidophile2
Did you delete any terrain paints before that? Missing terrain paints is what make a lot flash blue.By bringing them back to game you will solve the problem.

I deleted a bunch of em... but I had alot of them on that lot, and I know not all of the ones I had in use were deleted. It's good to know that that's probably the reason, and not something more serious..
Field Researcher
#57 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 12:58 AM
My game runs nearly perfectly... Except for pet promotions. Every time my pet gets promoted, my game pauses for 2+ minutes. I wonder if the patch would help me...
Field Researcher
#58 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 1:29 AM
For people still having problems with their glasses/accessories after installing the patch, here's what I did and it's worked so far (2 days playing after the patch).

Go to a mirror with the sim that has the flashing blue accessories, go to the glasses section and remove all of them, then simply place the same glasses/jewelry/whatever back onto the sim.

It will be fine and quit flashing blue. I've done this with multiple sims and it's been fine so far. I think you have to remove/reset the accessories in order for the patch to "update" them.

WooHoo: One of the main reasons that the game seems to "hang" after a pet promotion is because it's randomly choosing an unlockable item for your reward (collars, fur colors...). I don't know if the patch would speed that up or not.

<('_'<) <('_')> (>'_')>
#59 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 3:46 PM
Certainly not the most impressive patch I've ever seen...

The only difference I've noticed so far is that Lucy Hanby (one of the maids) apparently dyed her hair blond. When did THAT happen?
Theorist
#60 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 4:39 PM
My Lucy Hanby is still a redhead, but maybe that's because she's living with one of my sims?

I discovered a really weird problem with my businesses. When customers get that buy meter over their heads they now go down instead of up! Even using the dazzle interaction usually fails to make the buy meter go all the way up and the meter proceeds to drain itself quickly. Now there's no point in running a business! Maybe the "Woohoo Teens" mod is not compatible with the new patch either? Now I'm mad.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 8:33 PM
is anyone else still having a problem with their sim's faces reverting to default maxis ones when the sim moves into a house?

I know for most people it was only when pets were moving in too, but for me it was every sim, every time. And it still is. The patches are installed, but my sims (whether with pets or not) revert to maxis when they move into a lot. Every once in a while there is an exception and a sim will be okay, but thats only after creating the same sim in CAS over and over for hours.
Inventor
#62 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 8:37 PM
Hmmm, maybe it's a hack you have that conflicts. :shrug:
#63 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sae sae
I deleted a bunch of em... but I had alot of them on that lot, and I know not all of the ones I had in use were deleted. It's good to know that that's probably the reason, and not something more serious..

From personal experience, I had a lot where I used a custom terrain paint that I then painted over and later deleted; when I tried to go onto that lot any time after that, even though the paint had been on one, itty-bitty segment (as in, I used the smallest "brush" for terrain paints when testing that one to see if I liked it and only used said "brush" once), the entire lot flashed blue/black wherever there was exposed ground. There's a way to get around the problem without deleting your lot, though; using the terrain paint tool (I'd suggest the largest), CTRL+Click over the whole lot's exposed terrain to remove all terrain paints. It should get rid of the flashing issue, and thus allow you to use new terrain paints over everything.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
Hmmm, maybe it's a hack you have that conflicts. :shrug:

I took out and deleted all my hacks when I installed pets, lol. And all my downloads, I put them back in in little batches, and now the only hack I have is the newest version of insimenator. :banghead: My game worked perfectly until I added the pets EP
Test Subject
#65 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 5:48 AM
ever since I've installed that freakin patch... my game has been crashing for no reason. Once while saving a lot, it crashed in the midst of it without saving anything... and earlier tonight I was trying to get a job for my pet and there it crashed again... I'm really p****d.

By the way, I never downloaded any patch for OFB... I thought my Pets cd would patch everything that needed it... said my game was up-to-date so I don't understand what this whole thing about getting every single patch is about!

Help

Create your own reality ~
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 7:20 AM
Since the patch, I cant run any business anymore. Everytime I (or an NPC employee) use the 'sell' action, both costumer as me (or the npc employee) relations go down. No matter who or on what lot they are, no matter the stats, relations go down. This never happend before... it sometimes even substract a full star of my bussiness. Help, this even happens with an employee with the gold salse badge...

Quote: Originally posted by laety85
By the way, I never downloaded any patch for OFB... I thought my Pets cd would patch everything that needed it...

When a patch has come out, you should use it (if you have that game). This patch should 'normally' fix all the errors,bugs, ... in the game for that game. So the pets patch will only 'fix' bugs that came with the pets expansion.

said my game was up-to-date so I don't understand what this whole thing about getting every single patch is about!

I know that when I installed uni, I had to insert cd4 of the sims. Uni was the first EP I installed. After that (so all other ep) just say 'sims are up do date' or something similar. I don't understand why it says that, but I guess something needs to happen when you install the first ep. every next ep just says that the sims are up to date. So I don't think this is patch related...

Quote: Originally posted by cinderdayzii
The only difference I've noticed so far is that Lucy Hanby (one of the maids) apparently dyed her hair blond. When did THAT happen?

I noticed that too! I don't like her blond... I'm not only having that with 'Lucy' though, other NPC have changed their haire too. 1 of my other NPC used to have blond hair, but now suddenly has black hair...
Wait... Are my sims trading their looks?
#67 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 11:24 AM
This is EA we're talking about, They won't fix anything until its Time for us to buy a new game off them, Lets all not Buy Seasons, Then They'll get smart, and stop oversaturating the Market and not Beta testing their games.....
Field Researcher
#68 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 12:00 PM
My game has been running fine without the patch - except for one lone incident with faces reverting to Maxis defaults.

And I've been too lazy to download it yet. Are more people having these issues? Could it be that the patch is buggy?!? (*sigh* Only you, EA...)

Thanks for the heads up... I don't normally do a major back-up before patching, but will definitely do so this time.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#69 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 1:39 PM
ever since I've installed that freakin patch... my game has been crashing for no reason. Once while saving a lot, it crashed in the midst of it without saving anything... and earlier tonight I was trying to get a job for my pet and there it crashed again... I'm really p****d.

By the way, I never downloaded any patch for OFB... I thought my Pets cd would patch everything that needed it... said my game was up-to-date so I don't understand what this whole thing about getting every single patch is about!

Help

http://www.simposieum.net/component...27/topic,1838.0 Here is why you patch each and every single game. It appears that even the claim that NL patches Uni is bogus.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#70 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 4:50 PM
canoodle, are you trying to break my clicking finger that link is unavailable.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#71 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
This is EA we're talking about, They won't fix anything until its Time for us to buy a new game off them, Lets all not Buy Seasons, Then They'll get smart, and stop oversaturating the Market and not Beta testing their games.....

I've said this too. I get called names for it and treated like I'm a traitor or something. But the fact is: as long as everyone or even most people go out and buy the EP, EA will continue to turn out half baked goods. When will everyone catch on to that... I don't know if they ever will.

EA wants the money so they churn out the crap, overworking their employees, which is sad cuz I know a few and they are good people, the old Maxiods were the top of the line, but they have moved on, many being replaced by what I call the 'second string'. Maybe even EA NEEDS the money....but if they need money it's because their customer base is shrinking because they issue buggy games!

I've been reading around (too much time on my hands in the winter) and on several forums I've read people are boycotting ALL EA games. I know I do, not that I actively started doing that. But when standing at the game displays in Best Buy, I find I go "Eww EA...." and put the game down, no matter how ggood it sounds. But now, yes, I do just ignore the games from EA. I think this is really sad cuz I WAS a big EA fan, in fact I have more old EA games on my shelf than anything else.

I loved Sims1. I couldn't wait for Sims2, even called in sick the day it was released. I get.....'my panties all in a wad over' lol over the game because I liked it so much and I STILL want it to work. But with all the buggy EPS, the buggy Pets and the buggy patch, and the greed of the stuff packs I'm done until I start reading on EVERY forum that EA has finally gotten the game right!
Theorist
#72 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 10:31 PM
Okay, now I don't have the Woohoo Teens mod installed but my businesses are still weird! There's still the problem where the customers' buy meters drain instead of slowly filling. After playing more I realized it doesn't happen 100% of the time for some reason, but still a very good amount...maybe 90% or so. Not to mention that my game has now also just randomly crashed a few times. This seems more like a downloadable game virus than a patch, way to go Maxis. *sarcasm*

...I really hope I don't have to reinstall The Sims 2 to remove the Pets "patch." I reinstalled Pets last night and I still had problems. Before the patch I never had any real problems except for some of the accessories blinking blue. The patch didn't even fix that, what a waste!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#73 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwiftSign
canoodle, are you trying to break my clicking finger that link is unavailable.

The sight is down for maintenance. :smash: This is only one of two times I have not been able to access it. LOL :howdy:

#74 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 4:02 PM
My floors are still wonky. My wood, tile, stone, etc... they don't line up properly all the time. Didn't start doing it until I installed Pets and I thought I read somewhere it was a known issue and would be fixed.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keirra
After installing the patch, my toddlers can only play with the toybox. I like my toddlers to skill build...so, this sucks. Also, the insiminator doesn't give the abort pregnancy option now. I really wish I had backed up my game. Live and learn.

The abort pregnancy option appears about 2-3 sim hours after they got pregnant, I guess the patch makes it lag a little, but it does appear.

visit me at Sims 2 Artists
Page 3 of 4