Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 12:25 AM
Default Looking for tutorial for body shapes
I have searched for a tutorial on how to change body shapes, I want to create something similar to the transformers sims but not transformers...but I can't find anything that teaches me how to do this..can someone help me ??
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 12:37 AM
You could try here : https://sites.google.com/site/warlo.../bodyshapeguide

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
You could try here : https://sites.google.com/site/warlo.../bodyshapeguide

it doesn't tell me how to change the shape just how to use his shapes for clothing....I want to change the body shape from human to square..
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 6:04 AM
Well, this is creator issues. Only moderators can see these threads (and you of course). Would you like me to move this to the Sims2 Modding Discussion? That way more people will see it.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 3:55 PM
Bodyshape meshing is just clothes meshing. Make clothes in the shape you want. The exception is linking custom skins to a particular nude bodyshape mesh - we do have a tutorial on that, in Bodyshop tutorials.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 8:01 PM
Well, this is creator issues. Only moderators can see these threads (and you of course). Would you like me to move this to the Sims2 Modding Discussion? That way more people will see it.

sure, I know it can be done cause people have made butts and boobs bigger, so I'm sure you can make a body square if wanted, or as nysha stated I can make a square costume where the sim can put it on..hmmmm which would be eaiser to do? I think tigerplum has a tutorial that tells about new clothes meshing.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by klk
so I'm sure you can make a body square if wanted, or as nysha stated I can make a square costume where the sim can put it on..hmmmm which would be eaiser to do?
They're the same thing.

Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
They're the same thing.

well what I want to do is to build a lego sim, so are you saying all I have to do is the clothing mesh?? I'm confused..sorry I'm a little slow.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 3:14 PM
klko1, this is Creator Issues, not Modding Discussion. This thread needs to be in a public forum. I can move it for you or I will close it. Which do you want?

Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 3:35 PM
klko1, this is Creator Issues, not Modding Discussion. This thread needs to be in a public forum. I can move it for you or I will close it. Which do you want?

please move it for me, thank you leefish, want to join a fanclub?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 4:27 PM
Yes - you make a lego-shaped mesh (or several) for each of the clothing categories, and put your sims in those clothes.

If you also want your sim lego-shaped when they're naked, make a lego-shaped nude mesh and a lego skintone, and then link the two. I would suggest you do the meshes before you think about linking skins, though.

Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Yes - you make a lego-shaped mesh (or several) for each of the clothing categories, and put your sims in those clothes.

If you also want your sim lego-shaped when they're naked, make a lego-shaped nude mesh and a lego skintone, and then link the two. I would suggest you do the meshes before you think about linking skins, though.

is their a tutorial to do the nude mesh and skintones? I have that one for the clothes...from tigerplum, how do I do naked shapes? that's what I was looking for..
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 8:01 PM
Making a nude mesh is exactly the same as making a clothes mesh, you just make the alpha all black. The tutorial for linking skintones is under Tutorials -> Bodyshop -> Bodyshop Modding: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=89397

Sockpuppet
#14 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 5:55 AM
Not a showerproof nude tho but im sure there is a tutorial for that too.