Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 9:13 AM Last edited by AdonisPluto : 5th Apr 2014 at 8:25 PM.
Default Bar Stool Not Showing Ingame
So, I made this stool for a set but for some reason, it does not show in my game. I have been going through this for a week now but still cannot get it to show up. My process was as follows:
1-Cloned a base game stool
2-Gave name and description
3-Scenegraph name
4-Exported as milkshape 3D Ascii file format
5-Imported into milkshape as milkshape 3D Ascii file format
6-Assigned joint to the stool ( see included image)
7-Exported as milkshape 3D Ascii file format
8-Imported as milkshape 3D Ascii file format into SimPE 9-Replaced the groups
10-Committed
11-Fixed Integrity

And completed the rest including giving a new guid and texture. But still cannot get it to show up in my game.Cannot figure out where I went wrong

Would so much appreciate the help I can get
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Barstool.zip (114.6 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 9:39 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 4th Apr 2014 at 10:04 AM.
Hi! The problem is the texture name doesn't match the SHPE, TXMTs and MMATs. Which can be confusing since previewing it in SimPE shows the texture - and if you check the Scenegrapher everything will look ok. Your texture name is _surface, but the SHPE, TXMTs and MMATs are referencing _darkbrown. Fix that and your barstool will show up in game.

If you need me to attach the fixed file for you to look at, I will- but this is pretty easy to fix.

Editing to add: (Because I forgot to say!) There are 2 ways you can fix it. You can change the TXTR's name to darkbrown, along with changing surface (in 2 places) to darkbrown in the TXMT's. OR you can do it a slightly longer way by changing darkbrown to surface in the SHPE, TXMT's (2 places for each) and MMAT's. Either way will work, the first is just slightly less work.
Echezzman Nwokeoma
staff: senior moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Hi! The problem is the texture name doesn't match the SHPE, TXMTs and MMATs. Which can be confusing since previewing it in SimPE shows the texture - and if you check the Scenegrapher everything will look ok. Your texture name is _surface, but the SHPE, TXMTs and MMATs are referencing _darkbrown. Fix that and your barstool will show up in game.

If you need me to attach the fixed file for you to look at, I will- but this is pretty easy to fix.

Editing to add: (Because I forgot to say!) There are 2 ways you can fix it. You can change the TXTR's name to darkbrown, along with changing surface (in 2 places) to darkbrown in the TXMT's. OR you can do it a slightly longer way by changing darkbrown to surface in the SHPE, TXMT's (2 places for each) and MMAT's. Either way will work, the first is just slightly less work.

Thanks so much. Have fixed it and it shows now
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 9:10 PM
Yay! Btw, that's a nice looking barstool.