Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 1:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Safe way to have no Towines?
Hey
I was wanting to try a challenge and it would work better if there weren't random townies running around.

Is there a way to do this... without altering every neighbourhood?

I know about a tutorial @ maty but after reading that seems like it would apply for all neighbourhoods when I'm just looking for "one".

Any help or clarification would be appreciated. Thanks!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 2:18 AM
I think to do this for one specific hood you'd be best off deleting the townies using SimPE and then using a No Townie respawn hack (there's one at MATY I believe) to prevent them regenerating.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 2:37 AM
Okay. Thanks a lot!

One last question:
Do I just delete them one by one in Simpe... or is there an easy way to delete them collectively?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 12:35 PM
This is a tutorial for deleting in game sims that have already interacted with your hood (i.e., they have relationships with other sims):
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,6205.0.html
The Lot Debugger referred to is the FFS debugger available from here (choose your latest EP). If you just kill the sims off in game, you will end up with character 'stubs' which is as the game intended, but not particularly desirable if you want to keep your character files minimum. If you delete them through SimPE you need to make sure you delete them correctly by also deleting all relationships, family ties (if any) and also memories held by other sims. For example, if you wish to delete Ivy Copur you need to also delete Sim Sample's memory of 'met Ivy Copur' or else Sim Sample will spread corrupted gossip ('Hey Goopy, I met *£?(^** and she's hot!)- the 'Deleted 2' method shows you how to do this with the aid of a few tools.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 11:33 PM
So what if I want to start a fresh neighbourhood with no sims in it. (In the beginning challenge) Can I just delete everyone via simpe... get the no townie regen and be good? lol
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 8:38 AM
Yup, although be careful of deleting people like the maid and the postman.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 6:45 PM
In general, leave the 'Default' family alone.