Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Series of 6 Fallout 3 Homes

by heaven Posted 28th Aug 2011 at 5:24 PM - Updated 18th Oct 2018 at 5:41 PM by heaven

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 8:17 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 27th Aug 2011 at 8:42 PM.
Big Town

This is the place to go once you turn 16 and have to leave Little Lamplight. Only, it's not as great as everyone said it would be. Watch the Waste. Keep track of movement. With all the Mutants coming to drag people off to God knows where and the Raiders attacking for sheer pleasure, you never know when your number may be up.

Big Town houses 6 apartments plus one rec room area where you can check your mail, watch TV, or use a computer.

Lot Details:
  • Lot Size - 60x40
  • Furnished - §13,103
  • Unfurnished - §2,126

All used CC is listed in the main post. Please see the table for lot specifics.

Complex Breakdown:
  1. Your Apartment
  2. Rec Room

Big Town as seen in Twinbrook:

If you want to add a 60x40 lot and do not already have Inge Jones' lot sizes mod, you can find it here. In my opinion, it is a must have!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Big Town.rar (2.87 MB, 390 downloads)

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 8:28 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 27th Aug 2011 at 8:47 PM.
Grayditch

The Brandice home was once a center townhome in Grayditch. However, this house is the only building vaguely intact after bombs and an infestation of fire ants. The surrounding homes are crumbling though scavengers and other wasteland wanderers may have left some things hidden in the wreckage. Are you brave enough to find out?

The Grayditch lot is also an apartment. It is a SINGLE person apartment therefore, you will not have any NPC neighbors. I did this so that sims would not be charged for all the rubble and surrounding decor in the two other crumbling apartments.

Lot Details:
  • Lot Size - 30x20
  • Furnished - §16,034
  • Unfurnished - §6,998

Grayditch as seen in Twinbrook:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Grayditch.rar (4.10 MB, 377 downloads)

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 8:37 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 27th Aug 2011 at 8:52 PM.
Megaton

Located in Megaton, the city built around the atomic bomb, this house can provide all of your needs. Already spruced up thanks to Moira and her pre-war theme, this house offers you a workbench, lab set, Nuka-Cola machine and even a collector's stand for your bobbleheads. Only, you're not collecting bobbleheads. Anyone can get those. No, you're devoting your collector's stand to relics from participation in "clubs" in the educational system. Who knew there were such things and so many of them. All you learned in school was how to prepare for the G.O.A.T. Robot Butler not included.

Megaton is a single person home. The little shack below your home is, at the moment locked. You can unlock it to expand your house, or you can edit the lot by making it into an apartment if you so choose. I already had 3 apartments and thought that a single home would be nicer (plus, I didn't know where to stick the mail box). I did take the liberty of adding a bathroom and a stove to make the lot a little more sim-friendly. If you want to make the home cheaper, edit it by removing the pre-war theme (rugs, red chairs, coffee tables and tv, workbench, lab set, nuka-cola machine, jukebox, and end tables).

Lot Details:
  • Lot Size - 25x20
  • Furnished - §37,569
  • Unfurnished - §23,490

Megaton as seen in Twinbrook:

As a sidenote, I want to address the small square of seemingly white tiles near the roof in front. It is a side effect of CFE and is only visible from certain angles. I could not delete it or recolor it.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Megaton.rar (8.94 MB, 323 downloads)

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 8:52 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 27th Aug 2011 at 8:58 PM.
Minefield

The Benson house is one of the many family homes located in Minefield, home to the frag mines, hence the name Minefield, and crazy, local sniper Arkansas. Before the Great War, this subdivision was home to the middle class families of America. Now, you're lucky not to be shot down or blown up by the frag mines just by stepping out of your house.

Minefield is a single family home. It is the only home, as is, that is suitable for more than 2 sims. There are 2 rooms (1 between the bathroom and the other behind the kitchen) that can be added upon. This house is safe to edit the walls/furniture, as long as you do not use CFE or mess with the top, roof level including the windows in the dormers.

Lot Details:
  • Lot Size - 20x20
  • Furnished - §32,228
  • Unfurnished - §24,699

Minefield as seen in Twinbrook:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Minefield.rar (3.20 MB, 372 downloads)

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:03 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 27th Aug 2011 at 9:03 PM.
Springvale

Located in Springvale, between the Springvale Elementary School, now home to raiders, and Megaton, home to Colin Moriarty who just might send someone looking for 300 caps that are owed to him. Hopefully you can convince Moriarty's goons that Silver is long gone and can stay under the radar of the raiders.

Springvale is a small ranch and single family home. Since Silver didn't have a pot to piss in, literally, I took the liberty of adding a small outhouse with bath out the back door.

Lot Details:
  • Lot Size - 20x15
  • Furnished - §15,249
  • Unfurnished - §10,965

Springvale as seen in Twinbrook:
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Springvale.rar (2.77 MB, 367 downloads)

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 9:34 PM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 28th Aug 2011 at 4:32 PM.
Tenpenny Tower

Tenpenny Tower is a luxury hotel recovered and restored by Alistair Tenpenny after the Great War. For the right price, you too can live in this exclusive lap of luxury apartment, apocalypse be damned. Not only will you live in one of the penthouse apartments, you shall also have a cafe, bar, and two shops at your disposal. You shall live out your days alongside only the finest citizens of the Waste. Oh, and no ghouls allowed.

Okay, okay. So the right price isn't really that exorbitant after all. You'll just have to pretend. Also, I DO know that the apartment does not have a kitchen. There is space if you would like to add a small one, however, the cafe downstairs, though "closed", allows you to eat to your heart's content AND share your meals with the other residents. There are a total of 10 apartments: 6 on the second floor and 4 on the 12th. There are also 4 fighting dummies in the back to test your skills for when the mutants come.

Lot Details:
  • Lot Size - 50x50
  • Furnished - §13,362
  • Unfurnished - §2,528

Main Floor Breakdown:
  1. Entrance Gate
  2. Outdoor Seating Area
  3. Training Corner 1
  4. Training Corner 2
  5. Guard Quarters
  6. Lobby
  7. Cafe Beau Monde
  8. La Boutique Chic
  9. Wellness Center
  10. Restrooms
  11. New Urban Apparel
  12. Federalist Lounge

Tenpenny Tower as seen in Twinbrook:

I did test this lot and, during my testing, the "shops" did not open. However, both the cafe and the bar are able to be used: food, drinks, foosball, jukebox, etc.

The height of this lot was created using extensive CFE. Therefore, there are many places that there can't be windows. The boards are to give the illusion of windows. Do NOT touch them. Also, the bottom floor has windows all around but, from the inside, there are no windows in any of the rooms. Therefore, again, the boards were used on certain rooms to give the illusion of windows. This was intentional.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Tenpenny Tower.rar (9.84 MB, 319 downloads)

Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:37 PM
FIRST (actual comment)!

:'D I'll have a good time plunging my world into apocalypse.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 5:51 PM
Wow, I was skeptical at first, but you did a great job making these look just like the actual locations from Fallout 3. This truly inspires me to get that raider armor (raider painspike) I am working on done in time for the challenge! Great job with this mod!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 6:39 PM
Wow ... simply ... WOW!! AMAZING work! Looks just like the game (hmmm I might have to go play again
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 8:36 PM
*clasps wildly* Ah, that's amazing! My son wandered past at the right moment and recognized the house I was looking at, it was so funny.

This puts me to shame, I feel bad that I abandoned my Vault project after the ground sank in a weird game glitch. XP
The other one
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 9:31 PM
Woah, these are awesome! so much detail and accuracy, loving the interiors, especially Tenpenny towers. Nice CFEing too :D
Field Researcher
#13 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 10:59 PM
Excellent work. However, I was hoping you found the "sethighestallowedlevel" console command to make Tenpenny Tower, not just using cfe. Also, the white square side-effect from cfe can usually be taken care of with the sledgehammer tool.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 11:00 PM
Absolutely brilliant. There are no other words.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 12:31 AM
Stupendous work Heaven! Everything looks exactly like the F3 pics. Wonderful job.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 4:38 AM
This is the most amazing set of lots I have ever seen. Just... wow.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 9:25 AM
Are you going to do New Vegas houses next?
Instructor
#18 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoden
Excellent work. However, I was hoping you found the "sethighestallowedlevel" console command to make Tenpenny Tower, not just using cfe.

Might you be thinking of TS2? I was under the impression this cheat wasn't available in TS3 (alas).
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
Might you be thinking of TS2? I was under the impression this cheat wasn't available in TS3 (alas).

It's not. Yet, anyways. That's why I said I'd hoped she found it.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 12:49 AM
Impressive =O
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Aug 2011 at 2:15 AM
:O these are amazing... I want it but don't have all the expansions listed D:
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 2:41 AM
Oh babe cakes, you are amazing!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 31st Aug 2011 at 1:18 PM
Excellent work Heaven_Sent! You really captured the whole Fallout essence very well in each lot, I instantly recognised them all even without the writeups as I'm sure anyone that has played Fallout would .

My personal favourites are the Big Town and Grayditch lots as they were also a couple of the places I liked in Fallout 3 itself and you've really done such a great job recreating them in a Sims environment, though all these lots are great . Once again, excellent work Heaven_sent!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 3:27 AM
You did an excellent job on them all. =D They are so detailed and very recognizable. Awesome.
*favourites*
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2011 at 7:23 PM
The tenpenny tower lot is amazing my friend,
Page 1 of 2