Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 4:17 AM Last edited by Kubrick : 16th Dec 2014 at 6:53 PM.
Default Best sites to find seamless patterns....
I am really struggling to find high quality seamless patterns.

The best I've been able to do is scour through Deviant Art looking for nice textures.

If anyone has any idea where to find nice patterns for recoloring, please post it here!
I will update the main post with hyperlinked download locations in case anyone else is interested.

Downloads:
Deviant Art
Colour Lovers
Pinterest
Specky Boy

Tips:
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
Just a tip that I took a while to figure out, When you find a pattern you like, rather then downloading one of the sizes displayed like 1600x1080, click on preview instead and it will open in a new tab as a perfect seamless square. Then you can right click and save as and save it as a pattern in photoshop so you can just fill>pattern.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 2:12 PM
I think there are threads about this in the TS2/TS3 Create forums, did you look there? They might be a little older but at least the larger sites would still be the same.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I think there are threads about this in the TS2/TS3 Create forums, did you look there? They might be a little older but at least the larger sites would still be the same.

I tried looking for such a thread, but couldn't find any. There's so many different sections, I have no idea where to look!
I'm not exactly forum savvy.
Instructor
#4 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 12:53 AM
I get a lot from colourlovers (I'm on mobile. Just google it and it will come right up.) They have patterns already made and you can make your own custom patterns and recolor existing patterns. Just a tip that I took a while to figure out, When you find a pattern you like, rather then downloading one of the sizes displayed like 1600x1080, click on preview instead and it will open in a new tab as a perfect seamless square. Then you can right click and save as and save it as a pattern in photoshop so you can just fill>pattern rather than copy and paste that other image and mess with resizing and stuff.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:25 AM
Pinterest is where I scavenge mainly
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
I get a lot from colourlovers (I'm on mobile. Just google it and it will come right up.) They have patterns already made and you can make your own custom patterns and recolor existing patterns. Just a tip that I took a while to figure out, When you find a pattern you like, rather then downloading one of the sizes displayed like 1600x1080, click on preview instead and it will open in a new tab as a perfect seamless square. Then you can right click and save as and save it as a pattern in photoshop so you can just fill>pattern rather than copy and paste that other image and mess with resizing and stuff.

That's a very nice one! Also the tip for photoshop, thank you very much!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page