Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 2:26 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life
Default Packaged cc and downloaded sims wont show up
I followed all steps for downloading cc from old way to new way and only sims3pack cc shows up in the game. I placed my cc in documents/mods/packages and it wont show up. As for the downloaded sims, i placed them in savedsims folder and they wont show up.When i download sims with sims3pack they show up in the launcher,they install and it says they have installed successfuly but the icon doesnt apper slightly white like it has to be and doesnt apperar in installed content tab.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 2:58 PM
Just checking a few things first:

Did you follow the steps from this article in the wiki Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Files/Setup and Files?
Is the Resource.cfg present in your Mods folder and is it up-to-date?

For downloaded sims that are not in sims3packs, do they have a ".sim" extension?
That's the format all files in the Savedsims folder should be for the game to read them.

For the launcher, it's been ages since I've used it, but I had it happen that the icon takes a while to change or doesn't change but the content is really installed.
If you close and open the launcher again, does it make a difference? If not, try installing again, and if you installed several sims in one go, try installing them one by one?