Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 1:40 PM Last edited by sam&skye : 24th Jun 2016 at 5:29 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Broken inventory
I have a family with 1 sim and 2 bots. It was fine for quite a while, but something "broke" the inventories of my 2 bots. The whole inventory is just invisible; not the items, it's shown as if there is nothing in there even if they JUST put something in. The game also knows what's in there if I for example choose the "Give gift" interaction. (I got things into the inventory of my sim that way, but it's annoying because I keep having to enter testingcheats and drag the relationship up so the interaction is available.)

Some site said that it happened with some patch but I haven't patched anything in the meantime. I had all the patches installed right from the start.

I tried the things suggested here http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...tory-items.html but as the title says, it helps with stuck inventory items. Not a completely messed up inventory. Going on vacation didn't help. Overwatches "Clean inventory" option did nothing; Master Controller will make things visible temporarily, so that I can at least move everything they have over to my sim, but it didn't fix the issue. As soon as I use their inventory in any way, chances are it just breaks again, and I have to play around with the Master Controller until the game finally chooses to show me their inventory... it seems random and usually takes a while. Right now it only works on one bot. I'd rather not keep such a big mod in for only one thing I have to do with it anyway.

So, any chance there's something that actually fixes it? I didn't try the moving in and out so far because Sims 3 has different ways for that and idk what's the differences and where you lose your relationships and stuff. I'd just kick my bots out and move them back in, but I'm afraid they're going some random place and I can't find them then.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 5:54 PM Last edited by igazor : 23rd Jun 2016 at 11:38 PM.
I don't know what impact this has on bots, but have you tried doing a MasterController Reset Sim on either of them?
NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Advanced > Reset Sim

By the way, MasterController may look like a big mod. But it really doesn't have much impact on game performance because, once loaded, it doesn't actually do anything at all except provide the menus of commands you are using and sit back, waiting for you to select one.

On the moveout strategy, make a Save As first in case something goes wrong. Retreat to Edit Town, evict your household to the side of the map, copy the uninhabited residential lot down to the bin, bulldoze the original, replace it with a copy, and move the household back in without having left the screen. Don't know if this will help with the bots in this case, but that's the deepest kind of reset players can get without mods. Since the game clock is not running throughout an Edit Town session and stashing the sims in the Household Bin is not involved, there is no danger of losing relationships or anything. But the extra save is in case this doesn't work out, you can always revert to where you were before.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2016 at 9:20 PM
I'm actually more afraid of my own stupidity than what mods do by themselves... xD But that it doesn't really do something is a pro and actually I'm sick of reading "have you tried Master Controller to [...]" everywhere while not having Master Controller.

I'm gonna go and try the things you suggested, thanks for the answer.
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jun 2016 at 5:28 PM
YAY. Moving did fix it, but not the whole family in Edit Town mode.

I tried kicking them out one by one, but the sim in whose inventory the broken "belongings" went then broke, too. So I grabbed some neighbor, added her to my family, kicked all 3 of my original family members out, moved the neighbor back where she came from, selected my 3 kicked out sims as the active family, and voila all the inventories work. I lost the trait chips my bots had installed and a lot of random inventory items for some reason, but it's fixed.