Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 9:53 AM Last edited by mepwn12 : 16th Jun 2016 at 3:30 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Slow LOD switching
Every time I play TS3 the Sim and Animal LOD models take ages to switch to their highest detail version, it can take up to 30 seconds before it's switched.

I'm running on Windows 10 with an Nvidia GTX 780, an i5 4690k, 8GB of RAM and running the game off my SSD.
I've tried googling the problem but it seems that nobody is having it, has anyone here ever had this problem?

edit
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
I guess if this won't be the issue, it could be the fact you might use a HQ mod if you have one? Mine take forever to load because of a HQ mod.

This seems to have fixed my issue.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mepwn12
take ages to switch to their highest detail version, it can take up to 30 seconds before it's switched.

I'm running on Windows 10 with an Nvidia GTX 780, an i5 4690k, 8GB of RAM and running the game off my SSD.

There are 2 possibilities here, 1st.. do you have FPS Limiter installed or Nvidia Inspector running for TS3? If it's not.. then it may be in the process in killing your GTX780, hopefully no harms has been done to your GTX780 yet, you need to get FPS limiter before it get worse if you don't have one now..

2ndly, did you installed .Net3FX (3.5 included) for Win 10 prior installing your Nvidia latest graphic driver? Your graphic driver may not run properly if you didn't install it for Win 10. You'll need your copy of Win10 installer to install it, it's located inside the SXS folder, if your Win 10 installer copy is for multi x64 and x86 installer, it's located under ...\X64\Sources\SXS\ folder or ...\x86\Sources\SXS\ folder.

To install it you need to open Command Prompt as an administrator, copy and paste the following command : "Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:E:\x64\sources\sxs /LimitAccess" without the quotes, change the "E" drive letter according to yours when necessary (mine was "E"), restart your computer when done, try your TS3 again, and make sure this time you also have FPS limiter installed for TS3.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 12:22 PM
I guess if this won't be the issue, it could be the fact you might use a HQ mod if you have one? Mine take forever to load because of a HQ mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 3:17 PM Last edited by mepwn12 : 16th Jun 2016 at 3:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob

I actually do have that installed, I guess I'll have to remove it

I'll test this now

edit This seems to have been the cause. Thanks, I couldn't find anything about this problem anywhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
There are 2 possibilities here, 1st.. do you have FPS Limiter installed or Nvidia Inspector running for TS3? If it's not.. then it may be in the process in killing your GTX780, hopefully no harms has been done to your GTX780 yet, you need to get FPS limiter before it get worse if you don't have one now..

2ndly, did you installed .Net3FX (3.5 included) for Win 10 prior installing your Nvidia latest graphic driver? Your graphic driver may not run properly if you didn't install it for Win 10. You'll need your copy of Win10 installer to install it, it's located inside the SXS folder, if your Win 10 installer copy is for multi x64 and x86 installer, it's located under ...\X64\Sources\SXS\ folder or ...\x86\Sources\SXS\ folder.

To install it you need to open Command Prompt as an administrator, copy and paste the following command : "Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:E:\x64\sources\sxs /LimitAccess" without the quotes, change the "E" drive letter according to yours when necessary (mine was "E"), restart your computer when done, try your TS3 again, and make sure this time you also have FPS limiter installed for TS3.

I'm using Nvida inspector to limit my framerate to 60