Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#9026 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 3:13 PM Last edited by kikaimegami : 7th Mar 2015 at 3:33 PM.
I'm positive I only have those problems because I have more modded content than the game was ever really designed to handle, so I have to deal with it delicately when I add more.

Yeah I ignore the yellow conflicts and only focus on the corrupted stuff (or Sims 2 crap that has snuck in, argh, I've finally started opening every new questionable package with S3PE just to make sure because sometimes it is not obvious, no matter how much you scour a webpage, that stuff is for Sims 2 and not 3 since I found it searching "Sims 3"). My biggest issues are caused by having over 15 gigs of mods, so lagging is a way of life and there's no way I could go back with ProcMon to look for anything having issues since the game wigs out when I have over 3 thousand unmerged packages anyway and doing them in groups is... effort. Granted, I'm pretty sure at this point I'd notice something causing more than my standard level of lag (mostly because anything erroring now makes the game almost entirely freeze, so...).

If I had those files you mention loaded, I'm sure it'd just lock up

EDIT: So this post isn't entirely off topic, I discovered last night that when I'm sticking columns in walls to make more interesting architecture, sometimes they count as being inside the building and therefor cannot be seen from the outside (no matter how much I rotate them), which is friggin annoying... so I knock out a section of wall to make the inside count as outside (and then pretty up the hole by either making it look like a door or sticking a wall section in it). Great if there's anyone in your household who has the Loves The Outdoors trait... not so great in the winter, though.

EDIT2:....It just occurred to me that I could probably bypass this entirely by nudging it the tiniest little bit while holding alt. Hm.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#9027 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 3:59 PM
Eh, it's not really annoying since I have TS3 running in a window and I do something else while the game loads. But it undeniably takes ages for it to load when I have lots of packages installed (though nowhere near 15 GB, I'll give ya that).

It might be easier for you to test CC if you just load one section at a time e.g. only furniture or only male hair (or however you organized your files). It really doesn't matter if you get the "objects were replaced" error because you won't be saving the game anyway
Lab Assistant
#9028 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 4:20 PM Last edited by kikaimegami : 7th Mar 2015 at 5:14 PM.
Honestly, I should take your advice, since I'm sure there's probably some corrupted files in there. There'd have to be. How could there not be corrupted crap in *checks folder* 5,564 .package files?

Actually.. I should just dump all of them in and go hog wild. Toss the game on my other monitor and let it crawl around for an hour loading all that crap just so I can know once and for all if some of my lag isn't because of corrupted files.

EDIT: I'm curious if the same issue happens with sims3packs as well, but you can't tell as easily? Over half my content is sims3packs I've converted and merged into packages
Alchemist
#9031 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 6:57 AM Last edited by sweetdevil : 8th Mar 2015 at 2:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kikaimegami
I'm curious if the same issue happens with sims3packs as well, but you can't tell as easily? Over half my content is sims3packs I've converted and merged into packages
For store content, I run the sims3pack through S3RC before converting it to packages; I've noticed the object blurbs aren't preserved if I don't do this, but I don't know if there are any other bad things S3RC prevents.
This should be done regardless of how you obtained the sims3pack, btw.

Just do it when you're free, lol. My game has the bad habit of taking increasingly longer to start anytime I have to restart it many times (this is actually 70% of the reason it's going so slowly).
It's also a good way to check how much your game can handle. With merged packages I have no issues with loading times, but unmerged ones take about 5 minutes to go to the main screen, then at least 10 to load the save.
Meanwhile, I'm downloading even MORE CC because I'm bored of waiting

I would recommend not deleting the cache files when restarting the game, as it can lead to it taking roughly an eternity or even not loading at all. If you're only testing objects (hair, clothing, furniture) you won't have to delete caches anyway.

Sunset Valley sims are so pudding it's scary. They have awful makeup too (though Amy Bull has got to be the poster child for "they let a kid design sims for Twinbrook, didn't they").

Edit: finished testing all the packages, removed at least 15 that were running at ~400,000 access times each. Game now runs at speed 4 without even the slightest stutter, with 3.6 GB of CC and at least 100MB of RAM less than before.
Lab Assistant
#9033 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 10:33 PM
Today I learned that apparently, Clumsy sims can trip into the pool by mistake - my sim was going to watch the stars with her date, but she fell into the pool on her way. It didn't really faze her, she just climbed out of the pool again, but it was still pretty fun to watch. (I don't know whether her already wearing swimwear is a necessary prerequisite for this to happen, though; there've been other Clumsy sims in their family or among their friends, and I've never seen this happen before.)
One Minute Ninja'd
#9034 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 11:43 PM
That has NEVER happened to my clumsy sims, and if it ever did, I would LOVE THEM forever. Interesting about having swim wear on first. I'm going to try that later on my present clumsy sim, get into her bikini and see if she'll trip when she's near the edge.

It might be a lot later, though, because Cities Skylines is out, installed, working, and looking to steal most of my waking hours for quite some time. And I can stay awake for really, really long periods of time, too.
Mad Poster
#9035 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 5:10 AM
You can rotate the camera by holding ctrl and then using the left and right arrow keys. Great for when you're placing things like floors, doors, windows, and other items.
Alchemist
#9037 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 9:43 AM
But why are their noses so red? :o It looks a bit like they either have a cold, or they're trying hard to sneeze and can't.
Lab Assistant
#9038 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:08 PM
Apparently sims gets fatigued by performing for tips. Well, at least singers do.
Alchemist
#9039 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
In my new saves in which i have default replacements, the premades look like they have EAxis skin and eye colors, until i go in CAS and add the 3d eyelashes and nosemask, and then they show.

http://i.imgur.com/rH6yDXf.jpg Faith McDuff, as EAxis knows her.
http://i.imgur.com/NoXd8cI.jpg With my CC. AKA once i added nosemask and eyelashes, the default replacements showed up.
http://i.imgur.com/ODQZaBS.jpg Also, Belinda Crumplebottom. (Or at least one of the Crumplebottom MF girls)
http://i.imgur.com/NK55kQR.jpg

And my current simmie who uses about the same CC. (Murphy Q. Stanchankowsky or something?)
http://i.imgur.com/CcHJUxS.jpg (it won't hurt to try to see how she'd be without CC. She does'nt technically have CC sliders, so...

You made them all look sick
Field Researcher
#9040 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:54 PM
In my new saves in which i have default replacements, the premades look like they have EAxis skin and eye colors, until i go in CAS and add the 3d eyelashes and nosemask, and then they show.

http://i.imgur.com/rH6yDXf.jpg Faith McDuff, as EAxis knows her.
http://i.imgur.com/NoXd8cI.jpg With my CC. AKA once i added nosemask and eyelashes, the default replacements showed up.
http://i.imgur.com/ODQZaBS.jpg Also, Belinda Crumplebottom. (Or at least one of the Crumplebottom MF girls)
http://i.imgur.com/NK55kQR.jpg

And my current simmie who uses about the same CC. (Murphy Q. Stanchankowsky or something?)
http://i.imgur.com/CcHJUxS.jpg (it won't hurt to try to see how she'd be without CC. She does'nt technically have CC sliders, so...

Those eyes though....

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Alchemist
#9044 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 5:35 PM
They're called Tumblr-noses. My game is'nt trying to be realistic. I'm going for an animesque-y style. Not all of them are going to have red noses. Some of the palest sims would have noses that are closes to Hot Pink or Orange, or even colors like green and blue, because why not?
Ah, I see. I make sims like that sometimes too, but I like their nosemasks to be more on the pink/skintone-ish side and more subtle
Maybe they just look strange when seen in 3D, that's why they look exaggerated and out of place to me. After all, it takes serious work to make good-looking TS3 sims inspired from anime/manga.
But hey, if you're happy with them, who am I to judge.

You should consider posting only once. Posting multiple times in a row is frowned upon.
----
When the seasonal holidays come up, Sims get related wishes surrounded by a purple border ("Go to the X Festival", "Throw X Party" etc.). If you promise wishes of this type you can cancel them (unlike the Midlife Crisis ones), and they will disappear on their own if you don't complete them by the time the holiday ends.
Lab Assistant
#9045 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 5:46 PM
Animesque? I don't know, I've never seen anything like that in anime (except when y'know, they're sick). But I'm curious as how flattering it'll be on other premades as you said?
Instructor
#9047 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 10:22 AM
Color me surprised and sprinkle me with fairy dust. I just learned that human Sims can go into the fairy houses that came with Supernatural. I tend to check out the goings on in the town while my Sims sleep and I saw Branch Timbley (fairy) and Emma Delaney (human) making WooHoo in the fairy house I added to one of the parks in Dragon Valley.

They can probably only go in there for WooHoo, or Tea. I'll have to check that out later.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9048 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lindali365
Color me surprised and sprinkle me with fairy dust. I just learned that human Sims can go into the fairy houses that came with Supernatural. I tend to check out the goings on in the town while my Sims sleep and I saw Branch Timbley (fairy) and Emma Delaney (human) making WooHoo in the fairy house I added to one of the parks in Dragon Valley.

They can probably only go in there for WooHoo, or Tea. I'll have to check that out later.
I think this is the doings of the Woohooer mod. Without it humans cannot enter a fairy house, afaik.
Instructor
#9049 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 11:44 AM
Pardon me, my WooHooer is showing *blush*. Thank you @Don_Babilon for clearing that up. It's been a while since I've played with some occults in town and I didn't have that mod installed at the time, but I wasn't really paying as much attention to the non-actives back then either. So I guess that tea in the fairy house isn't going to happen. It's been a very long time since I've played a vanilla game, I don't know what is driven by mods and what is regular non-mod activity when it comes to the woohoo.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9050 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 2:05 PM
No problem. As I said, I am not too sure myself either but think to remember that this was one of the first things I noticed after installing Woohooer for the first time, as it was shortly after Seasons and I was still playing in Moonlight Falls. But, in any case, they definitely do not have tea in there, unless they replace the obligatory post-coital cigarette with a cup of tea.
Page 362 of 490