Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:29 PM
Default Hypothesis: What If EA (while YOU are in charge of that company; no money cash grabber) released a remaster.....
What ground-breaking features would you include?

I would first of all add a complete memory system, with the lifetime moodlers (the current we have no) along with TS3-style moodlets.
I would also introduce more dynamic careers, and all with the current ones would be change to allow yourself to follow your sim (micromanage in their jobs).
Fleshed out parking-spot building tools system (where your sims can drive in any shaped/positioned parking lots, along with allowing townies to park their car as well).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:55 PM
To be honest, if we were to get a remaster, what I'd really want would be 'professional' modding tools such as an import/exporter for animations, etc.

I'm http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com/ on tumblr, admittedly not very active on MTS.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 26th May 2017 at 6:47 PM
A way to customize the want trees in game and save the customized trees for different hoods. The option to allow or disallow Mrs. Crumplebottom on community lots. Customize chemistry as well - so we can have milder chemistry penalties for Romance/Family pairings and maybe some chemistry bonuses for Family/Popularity pairings since a Popularity sim can help his/her spouse with becoming Captain Hero.

Also, a choice in whether or not to allow certain stealth hood families and NPCs to be made, or just randomized. I mean, I would like an easy way to make one hood with the usual townies and possibly dormies, but the next one with completely random sims - without having to quit the game and move a mod file.

It would be nice to show all the skills - including billiards and dancing. Another thing that would be nice, would be to give certain sims, like the carpool/taxi drivers and Social workers, complete character files so they can be safely made playable. And maybe make it possible without cheats or mods to move in the matchmakers. And choose whether or not (through the game, not mods) to let Rod Humble visit. I mean, I like the freebie computer that my sims can get, but sometimes, you might want a challenge.

Another thing that would be nice would be age customization. Customize the age durations for each stage, and if there is no University, there would be no wants or fears relating to College, and no memories of skipping College. There could also be some options relating to wants that could include some aspirations actually wanting to skip College, and some aspirations getting good memories from just skipping it altogether. You could even have an option to make all careers - including those introduced in University - available to every adult, or specify which ones require a college education.

Also, I would have the game not pressure the player to make certain subhoods, and any Downtowns created after the first would still have sims living in them.

I would want the player to have more control over certain things, and let the player decide which aspirations want certain things like to become creatures or to buy certain items, and the logic of buying these expensive items (so no more wanting to buy frikkin' bowling alleys on the home lot). There would also be more plantsim life stages, so we could have young adults who don't need to sleep, and can happily work on their term papers all day under a sunlamp.

Zombies and vampires would also be customized, giving them things like lifespans instead of just straight-up immortality, personality-adjustments for zombies, and even custom zombie skin/face-mesh types so players could have their own kind of zombies. There would be a few default alternatives for vampire and zombie appearances, like sparkly, Underworld, or Blade-type vampires, with an option to make them not go 'Bleh!' like the Lugosi-type vampire. For zombies, a player could select mummies, Frankenstein monsters, or even Jiangshi (hopping vampire) type zombies with different behaviours and walk-styles. These walk-styles would include the shamble, the blind-walk, hop, or even just regular walking and running (Frankenstein's monster was, in the original novel, quite nimble and fast).

Ghost behaviour could be customized as well, with friendly ghosts your sims can converse with, to ghosts that scare or amuse people but can't really be interacted with, to Japanese-style ghosts like the onryo if they are very angry.

Clothing would be easier to customize, there would be a lot of classic styles from the beginning of the 20th century to this decade available, and for each hood, the player would be able to specify which clothes would be available, and could add available clothes in subsequent plays. Making previously available clothes unavailable would be possible as well - they would just no longer be available for buying and wouldn't be added to newly-generated sims. Technology could be hidden and un-hidden as well, and wants would be adjusted.

Making new custom vacation hoods would be easier, as would making secret lots the way the PLAYER wants to make them. There would be a special lot type available for secret vacation lots, for secret society lots, hobby lots (as well as the option for customized hobby hoods), customized witch lots for not only good and evil witches, but also neutral witches, and the neutral witches could finally visit the world. The neutral witches would randomly either use corruptus locus or beutificus locus, and will sell to all alignments.

For cowie plants, I would make them capable of reproducing - sims could harvest cowie seeds which they would plant in pots, and the seeds would grow into cute little calfie plants. Cowplants would first eat and then spit out the sims, sort of like in Sims 4, and if the victim tried to grab the cake again - then dead-dead time for simmie. There would also be a timer tooltip for cowie plants so you would know if the plant needed to be fed. No more accidents due to forgetting how long it's been since you fed Cowie... unless you like it that way.

For CAS, I would make it possible to create witches, vampires, werewolves, aliens, and plantsims. Witches could start out as neutral, mean, or nice depending on their personalities, would come with cauldrons and books, and their robes would not be the default clothes. Werewolves could be customized to only change on certain days, and their personality changes could also be customized. Vampires could be customized as day-walkers or have special sunscreen depending on hood settings, while werewolves can find better stuff while digging and eat raw meat from fishing or as snacks.

Got lots of other ideas too - like initializing servos as college graduates if universities are allowed, and allowing the player to pick lifetime wants for sims in CAS - like they can in Sims 3. There would also be finger-birds like canaries, finches, lovebirds, budgies, cockatiels, and red-shouldered macaws, and sims would also have bunnies and farm-animals... and of course, pet llamas. There would also be more gardening crops, berry bushes, and trees, and more food options.
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:57 AM
I would:
> Move away from the cartoon-ish look of Sims 3/ 4 and go for a more realistic look and feel, like Witcher 3
> Like Witcher 3, to achieve that realistic look the graphics requirements would be pretty high (by today's standards)
> I would allow the user to choose a voice for their sims (much like sims 4)
> Sims heights can be adjusted.
> The world would be open to an extent like Sims 4, not like Sims 3.
> I also like the range of facial expressions exhibited in Sims 4, so of course I'll incorporate that in my re-mastered Sims 2
> Very smart sims design. Basically, no shenanigans like not being able to walk over plates and other small objects.
> Tons of interactions, there should be many different ways of presenting those interactions.They should be as realistic as possible (except for woohoo)
> Tons of little cool details, like trees swaying in the wind.
> Basically, even after playing the game for a decade, the game should still be able to surprise the player with little details that you haven't seen before.

> None of this expansion and stuff pack shenanigans. Everything comes in the base game, even if the game has to be >100gb.
> New content will be released for free on their website.

etc...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:23 PM
*Tools for modders to create new custom life states (haven't seen a few for TS4, but not for TS2).
*Fleshed out "hang out" option, where you aren't limited to sitting on the ground, but with multitasking.
*More in depth supernaturals (e.g, zombies should be able to break through windows and turn families into zombies).
*Houseboats (love those from TS3).
*An ability to work in npc jobs, along with the ability to visit other residents (as a maid, pizza delivery (wo)man, gardener, matchmaker).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2017 at 7:41 AM
Another thing I would like would be the ability to choose the adult voice and the vocal pitch for all sims (you could also keep them random) and give the servos more voice options than just the classic male voice with some filtering. Bigfoot voices would also still be all David Boat, but with randomized pitches. Some would sound like the garden variety David Boat sim, others might be really low-pitched, while others might sound like Mickey Mouse.

Creature states (except for Zombies, Bigfoots, Servos, and Spectral Cats) would be genetic, and you could specify the genetics rules for townies and High Witches, Grand Vampires, and Werewolves. You could make them dominant, recessive, compatible with some states, and mutually exclusive with others. Maybe you don't want plantsim hybrids that could die from sun-exposure, or maybe you do.

You could even specify which aspirations receive good memories from certain events like life-state changes, abductions, seeing ghosts, engagement, marriage, etc. - and of course, skipping college. And if you have certain other aspects of the game, like hobbies, unlocked, then you can choose whether or not sims with Romance as a secondary get fears or bad memories from going steady, engagement, marriage, etc. or if the Family secondary would give Romance sims a good memory of commitments.

It would basically allow the player to make the game as complex or as simple as desired.
Test Subject
#7 Old 1st Jun 2017 at 3:50 PM
One word: Polygamy

My remastered version will be exactly the same, except with polygamy. It is legal in my country and condoned by the majority of traditional cultures here. So in my version of Sims 2 Don Lothario would just be married to both Dina Caliente and Nina Caliente. Of course polygamy will be allowed for the girls too
Theorist
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 2:30 PM
First of all I'd probably need to get medical attention because I'd be so happy that I'd go into some sort of shock.

I just want basically the CAS options from Sims 4 (but with Sims 2 genetics for eye/hair/skin colours), the option to easily modify and manage townies, a few more aspirations and a fix for that problem where deleting Sims borks your neighbourhood.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 6:46 PM
Are you saying that I wouldn't out out a cash grabber?

Well, if I was in charge of EA, which is a terrible company, I'd do my best to drive it to the ground before embezzling all the money and fleeing to another country.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 7:21 PM
So you would create a remaster than drive it to ground? Ok.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 10:02 PM
I would make a poll so Sims 2 players could vote and discuss what THEY think the remaster should entail... I wouldn't please everyone of course, but I would try my best to include the majority of wants and wishes from the truly passionate players. Look at how the creators have changed the game for the better already. It makes sense to get the opinions of several smart, creative and experienced players who KNOW what the game could and should be. If EA was smart, they would have done this to begin with, because all those wonderful ideas could've come to fruition for Sims 3 or 4. Then, people wouldn't be abandoning those games, coming back to play 2.

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2017 at 11:53 PM Last edited by JDacapo : 3rd Jun 2017 at 3:26 AM.
I would put in the options that I listed, and possibly enable customization of eras and the ability to travel between eras. You could go back to some point in history, or even create future 'eras' based on the neighbourhood's maps. You could customize the various possible future eras (not just dystopia, neutral, and utopia but lots of different possibilities) and they would be populated by random descendents of player characters and NPCs. There would also be a special item that sims could use to travel through the various eras, and you could make your own past eras like ones populated with cave-sims and mammoths, and if you believe in Mokelembembe and the like, you could make your own sim-dinos. The sky would be the limit.

Also, NPCs like Grimmy and Crumplebutt would no longer be universal. They would spawn a unique NPC with a random personality. Same for other NPCs like drivers, the Unsavory Charaltan, Wise Man, Witch Doctor, and even Social Workers. They would have random names, relationships, and skills. And I would make female bigfoots possible - they could only romance and have babies with bigfoots though.

And Bella Goth would, after some time, teleport to possibly a random residence or community lot with no memories except one of either meeting aliens or being abducted. Her days left as an adult would be random, and she could still marry Mortimer Goth if the neighbourhood being played is Pleasantview. Her aspiration would be randomized, and so would her personality and skills. It could create a few complications with Dina Caliente if she's already married Mortimer, unless he has died.

Alien pollination tech genetics sets could be customized as well - you could easily make and save your own pollination techs and make as few as one or even hundreds of them, so adult alien descendants could get probeded and preggers. As for the pollination techs and ideal plantsims, I would make them also either wander or teleport onto community or residential lots as full-fledged sims that could be interacted with and married/moved in. They would be replaced by randomized male or female clones (you could specify the genetics that get randomized), and you could decide whether they ever do spawn.

And of course, there would be spawners for treasures that sims can find, and the ability to make your own custom crafting bench items and compose your own instrument songs. Simmers could finally make their own customized piano, guitar, bass, drum, and modular synth songs, and the modular synth would have its own composer window.

Sims could also have their own custom voices - if you have a good microphone and equipment, you could make your own voice and specify the age group and sex, and determine the pitch.

There would also be more and better witch spells, and you could control whether or not Vampires would suffer severe motive decay indoors or not.

Yes, it would be kinda Sims 2.5, but it would vastly improve Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 6:44 AM
- make lot imposters actually look good
- SEARCH FUNCTION for the catalogue
- more body types!!!!!!!!!
- add in game ability to add roads
- curved roads
- ability to designate more than one road/footpath type - dirt roads and tarmac together in one hood!!
- ability to build a lot on front road which isn't flat
- courtyards
- more gameplay options and depth for supernaturals. eg more life states for plantsims. also, just generally make them more interesting, lol

I could go on and on, but yeah. those are some of the main things I can think of that I'd add/update.

My simblrIcon credit
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 7:24 AM
If I was in charge I would probably fire the lot of them before rehiring a new team and asking the community what they wanted.
Then I would have them put the game together the way I want it, which is pretty much as it is but no corruption, more sandbox options such as being able to easily have a game set up as different time periods. Less need of building cheats, just turn it off or on. Better graphics, way better clothes and hair and body shapes. Colour wheel. More EP's and more fleshed out things in each EP.
I would also make it semi open in that sims could walk across the road to somebodies house then load it up. Then I would have lots that are a combination of res and comm. So you could have residential house but walk to the park next to their house without loading.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:57 AM
More colour and body type options would be AWESOME! I wonder if there are default bodytype replacements or something like that for the clothes and stuff. It would be interesting. And yes, in-game road-adding would be cool as well. And we could definitely use a better system for making dorms, apartments, and hotels.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blueskii55
I would make a poll so Sims 2 players could vote and discuss what THEY think the remaster should entail... I wouldn't please everyone of course, but I would try my best to include the majority of wants and wishes from the truly passionate players. Look at how the creators have changed the game for the better already. It makes sense to get the opinions of several smart, creative and experienced players who KNOW what the game could and should be. If EA was smart, they would have done this to begin with, because all those wonderful ideas could've come to fruition for Sims 3 or 4. Then, people wouldn't be abandoning those games, coming back to play 2.

Same. I'd prefer fanbase feedback and the game's quality over money and greed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 12:45 PM
Customizable LTW and Aspiration: like writing Sims Bio: you could write what Aspiration a sim gets (won't really affect the gameplay. For LTW, either in depth customization of what Task the sim must complete that the game would record as data or just like sims bio, not a gameplay but written so you can be reminded on what storyline "ltw" the sim is focusing on achieving.

Instead of expansion packs, I'll make them free in patch updates and refund players who purchase them. Like in the game minecraft, you could choose what version you want running, or at the very least: choosing expansion packs to be enabled, through the launcher.

TS4-style Gallery. Or at least have it woėk through The Launcher while the game is being run at.

HouseBoats that can change port/lot during gameplay (TS3 Island Paradise reference).
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LOLBAG2
- make lot imposters actually look good
- SEARCH FUNCTION for the catalogue
- more body types!!!!!!!!!
- add in game ability to add roads
- curved roads
- ability to designate more than one road/footpath type - dirt roads and tarmac together in one hood!!
- ability to build a lot on front road which isn't flat
- courtyards
- more gameplay options and depth for supernaturals. eg more life states for plantsims. also, just generally make them more interesting, lol

I could go on and on, but yeah. those are some of the main things I can think of that I'd add/update.

Search function is a great idea. I normally know what something is called, but don't know what page it's on in my deco category. I would love to have the ability to add roads/curved roads as well.

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 4:33 PM
Texture/Resource packs. Give the player the tools to create graphic packs :P
Mad Poster
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2017 at 8:07 PM
I would also let the players choose whether to allow Crumplebutt at all - without mods. And items like the RC car wouldn't need NPCs to operate.