Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2017 at 11:10 PM Last edited by ineedtoworknow : 1st Jun 2017 at 11:42 AM.
Default Sims 2 Trivia
Hello

Have you heard of something interesting in Sims 2. Anything funny or interesting facts. Post below. Thank you

For example: Did you know? Simlish language has roots in a real language: the language of Navajo:
Check OUT!: Simlish
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:19 AM
Have/Did you heard of* interesting**

Nothing with TS2 in particular, so no.

Simlish isn't the root of Navajo, according to your given (shared link that directs to the) wikipedia page. You either skipped through or misunderstood a second sentence after the Navajo mention.

"However, they ultimately decided against this because of the difficulty in finding Navajo voice actors. They also decided that Simlish worked best as a "language [...]" made up of gibberish words that could not be translated,"
Scholar
#3 Old 28th May 2017 at 12:57 AM
Well, if you listen to the music the words are similar.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th May 2017 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Have/Did you heard of* interesting**
Simlish isn't the root of Navajo, according to your given (shared link that directs to the) wikipedia page. You either skipped through or misunderstood a second sentence after the Navajo mention.

English is clearly not ineedtoworknow's first language. Don't be so critical.

Did you know:
Sácala Bailar in the only song in Sims 2 sung in an actual language (Spanish).

Source
Instructor
#5 Old 28th May 2017 at 9:24 AM
Not true. I speak spanish natively, and Sacala Bailar sounds closer to the original than other songs, but it's still simified. Here's the non-sims version if you want to compare it to the one in-game (couldn't find it in youtube).
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th May 2017 at 9:34 AM Last edited by jacksonville : 29th May 2017 at 11:48 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
Not true. I speak spanish natively, and Sacala Bailar sounds closer to the original than other songs, but it's still simified. Here's the non-sims version if you want to compare it to the one in-game (couldn't find it in youtube).

Interesting.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th May 2017 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Have/Did you heard of* interesting

If you're going to correct him do it properly:
Have you heard of something interesting about Sims 2.

Personally I would phrase it as:
Do you know of any interesting or weird facts about Sims 2. If you have, please share below.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:01 AM
I have this ~did you know~ trivia page saved in my bookmarks. Some of these things I'll bet a lot of players already know, but its a neat little list;
http://snootysims.com/extrasindex.php?id=didyouknow

My simblrIcon credit
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th May 2017 at 10:07 AM Last edited by ineedtoworknow : 28th May 2017 at 10:24 AM.
@LOLBAG2 that very cool! thanks for sharing
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th May 2017 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jacksonville
English is clearly not ineedtoworknow's first language. Don't be so critical.

Did you know:
Sácala Bailar in the only song in Sims 2 sung in an actual language (Spanish).

Source

I'm not critical. I'm just trying to help out, so he doesn't repeat those mistakes and could later speak a bit fluently ]i]Every bit of it helps[/i]
Scholar
#11 Old 28th May 2017 at 4:00 PM
But Have/Did you heard of* interesting** from your first post can be actually confusing for a non-native speaker who isn’t fluent enough. The form heard could only go with have as it’s a past participle form (the same as past as it’s hear/heard/heard), but looking at your post, it seems like it could go with did too, which is not true. If you use did, you always need to use a present form of the verb, so in this case it would be did you hear. But I wouldn’t use past simple there, I’d go with present perfect and use have you heard, as that seems more fitting for such a question. Feel free to correct me if you think I’m wrong, I’m not a native speaker myself.

As for Simlish, I’ve always thought it’s a mashup made using various elements from real languages, not actually translatable as sims speak in phrases. The same phrase can be repeated for things you’d think mean something different, but Simlish is made well enough that it isn’t obvious in an annoying way.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th May 2017 at 3:49 AM
Yeah, your fix confused me more than the original post did. It should be 'did you hear' or 'have you heard' anything interesting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th May 2017 at 11:43 AM
@Charity @Voeille @SneakyWingPhoenix @noiceonebruh
Please excuse my much terrible english. English is my 4th language after Português (my language of birth), Español, and Italiano. I know english only from internet (also American movies hahahaha). You know I never did ever spoken english to anyone in verbal! But this is why I go to english websites to learn! So I am happy for the help. I am trying to learn as much language as possible. I even know a bit of français, Deutsche and Nederlands.

So Thanks
Test Subject
#14 Old 29th May 2017 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ineedtoworknow
Please excuse my much terrible english. English is my 4th language after Português (my language of birth), Español, and Italiano. I know english only from internet (also American movies hahahaha). You know I never did ever spoken english to anyone in verbal! But this is why I go to english websites to learn! So I am happy for the help. I am trying to learn as much language as possible. I even know a bit of français, Deutsche and Nederlands.

So Thanks

In the interest of improving your English:
Please excuse my poor English. It is my 4th language after Portuguese (my home language), Spanish, and Italian. I know English only from the internet (also American movies hahahaha). You know, I've never spoken English to anyone. I visit certain websites to improve my English. So I'm grateful for the help. I am trying to learn as many languages as possible. I even know a bit of French and Dutch. ***
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th May 2017 at 2:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ineedtoworknow

So Thanks

It's fine. Don't feel terrible, because your not the only one. I probably failed at correcting you anyway, lol, so we are on the same boat. And cool that you speak a lot of languages.